Heron this morning:

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Seen in a tree near the trail while I was walking my dog along the Columbia River, Wenatchee Washington:

iN3IUcch.jpg

Thanks. I was amazed that he tolerated the dog and I so close. We were just on the walking path a few yards away. Light was decent. I snapped about a half-dozen stills and moved on without disturbing the big bird. Very cool.

Another excellent photo Guy! Surprising too- Heron's are typically pretty cagey customers. CL

Thanks. Yes, I've gotten some good heron photos before, but from a much greater distance. This one may have thought he was better hidden? I actually walked right by him at first, then thought "Hey! Take a few steps back... What was in that tree?" :)

Guy

Nice photo Guy. I had Great Blue Heron nesting right behind my property every year. It was always great to watch them swoop in so close. Sadly, they totally disappeared a couple of years ago. I haven't seen one since.

Great photo. Have you ever thought of or have you ever put together a calendar with some of your photos ?

I've done so a few times. Normally just give them to family and friends. A couple of years ago I sold some, but just locally, didn't want to get into shipping.

Guy

Back