Kimber rifles

G'Day Fella's,

Salmon Chaser, I've had a Kimber Montana (in .25-06) for a couple of years now, and couldn't be happier with it!
Here is a 3 shot group I shot with it, whilst running in the barrel.
022.JPG

Im not the only one in my circle of mates, that likes them either.
004.JPG

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

That is fine shooting. I've always liked the way Kimber executed their rifles. The Montana was one that always appealed to me.
I guided the last couple of days and stopped by the shop with my tip money in my pocket. The rifle was sold. I bought the last two boxes of .338, 250 gr. AccuBond they had.
I promised no new rifles this year, I can wait two months:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally the only way I would take one is if I could flip it and make some money. I had 2 and they were true 3 MOA guns. Send them both back and they came back with no difference. No thanks.

FOTIS":17pdbgib said:
Personally the only way I would take one is if I could flip it and make some money. I had 2 and they were true 3 MOA guns. Send them both back and they came back with no difference. No thanks.
Quoted accuracy and precision should be supported by a credible statistical sampling. One 3-shot 1/2 moa is not proof of any claim. If you believe 3-shot groups are a better method for sporters, shoot 10 consecutive 3-shot groups and report that aggregate.
Similarly, the user sampling of Kimber owners in this thread statistically is not in favor of this brand. I'm with Fotis on Kimbers. Great eye-candy but not performers. Buy a Nosler 48.

FOTIS":1l86msdi said:
Quoted accuracy and precision should be supported by a credible statistical sampling. One 3-shot 1/2 moa is not proof of any claim. If you believe 3-shot groups are a better method for sporters, shoot 10 consecutive 3-shot groups and report that aggregate.
Similarly, the user sampling of Kimber owners in this thread statistically is not in favor of this brand. I'm with Fotis on Kimbers. Great eye-candy but not performers. Buy a Nosler 48.

walkinhorseman":xovp6pj5 said:
FOTIS":xovp6pj5 said:

OK. I'll shoot some more. (y)

IMG_0702.jpg

It's a hard thing, there are probably more accurate bargain priced rifles out there then at any other time. You can get a lot of rifle for a couple of days wages. That being said, the Noslers are awful nice.

It's a hard thing, there are probably more accurate bargain priced rifles out there then at any other time. You can get a lot of rifle for a couple of days wages. That being said, the Noslers are awful nice.

salmonchaser":3lwibagd said:

That's true enough that accuracy is a poor reason to buy a high dollar custom rig...heck, buy 5 or 6 Ruger Americans or Savages and I guarantee one of them will be a stellar shooter for less cash than a more expensive rifle.

I think the custom and semi-custom rifles really shine on features and that murky "confidence" factor.

BF375":j7t7qc0d said:
walkinhorseman":j7t7qc0d said:
FOTIS":j7t7qc0d said:

IMG_0702.jpg

That's more like it. Looks like you got a good one. It would be interesting to see a couple of 5-shot groups from each of the 5 Montana's shown in HomerOz's post. That would be a better statistical sampling.
Once bitten, twice shy. As pretty as I think that they are, the only way I would invest in another Kimber is if I could take it back for a full refund after putting a couple hundred rounds through it. You certainly aren't going to get satisfaction from their customer service. After spending some time with my 48 Heritage, that's where I would placing my money for a new hunting rifle in the future. I'll be posting a final report on this rifle soon. I'm still standing with FOTIS on Kimber.

BF375":3gj99eo8 said:
walkinhorseman":3gj99eo8 said:
FOTIS":3gj99eo8 said:

IMG_0702.jpg

That's more like it. Looks like you got a good one. It would be interesting to see a couple of 5-shot groups from each of the 5 Montana's shown in HomerOz's post. That would be a better statistical sampling.
Once bitten, twice shy. As pretty as I think that they are, the only way I would invest in another Kimber is if I could take it back for a full refund after putting a couple hundred rounds through it. You certainly aren't going to get satisfaction from their customer service. After spending some time with my 48 Heritage, that's where I would placing my money for a new hunting rifle in the future. I'll be posting a final report on my Nosler rifle soon. I'm still standing with FOTIS on Kimber.

I had a M84 in 7mm08 that was a very nice rifle and shooter. I 'almost" got one in .270 awhile back, but just couldn't find one I liked ( the darker colored) The GS has a Mountain Ascent in 280AI that is appealing, but I always fall back to putting money/time/appreciation in Mod 700 classics and the Mod 70 FWT Classic. They suit me just fine...My custom Mod 700 358 NM and my little Ruger Hawkeye SS 338 Fed are my only two synthetic stocked rifles now.

Walkinhorseman: Not all the Kimbers Ive had shot like that...but some have. I seem to be running about 50-50 and got rid of all of them until I decided to take one more chance with the one you see here.

But this one seems to work. I cant afford 5 of them to ru your test but understand what you are saying.

Back