Kimber stock

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
I have a Kimber Classic in .300 WSM. I use my rifles no matter what the weather but I can't bear the thought of owning any more than two synthetic stocked rifles. (Model 7 7mm-08 and a Thompson muzzleloader, and that's enough for me) After Elk hunting in some pretty good snow storms this year I want to treat the stock. I want to keep it as close to the original finish of the wood as possible and don't want to end up with something bright enough to use as a signal mirror. Any help would be appreciated.

I like Birchwood Casey's stock wax myself. It can add a good shine to a stock though. Iknow some folks use furniture paste wax but ive no idea the reflectivity they get. I suppose you wouldnt have to buff the multiple coats of casey's out the way I do... :) CL.

What about a coat of furniture polish on the wood? It has some wax in it, and should be easy enough to apply to protect the rifle while hunting? Just thinking aloud. Scotty

I know some folks use tru oil on their stocks. Would that work or would it react with whatever finish Kimber used? I don't even know if tru oil is water repellant.

tru oil is warer repellant. A good coat of Johnson's paste wax works great, apply with a rag and leave it as is for a matt finish or buff it for a high luster.

JD338

For either the Birchwood Casey's wax or Johnson's, do you end up with a build up at all?

Back