Know that feeling?

noslerpartition

Handloader
May 26, 2018
I just primed 300 new lapua brass and I am close to a typewriters cramp.
Another 130ish 308 waiting for sizing and priming (and loading) and about a hundred 300 wsm.

And I will probably not take a single shot with them - all for good friends.

I simply like it to know they go out with good, consistent ammo.

I make them invite me for a barbecue and the dies are theirs (if I don't own that calibre), but otherwise I don't take anything for it. Just my hobby and I an always curious to see how it works out.

As soon as the new barrel is installed, a 8x68 will be next and a 30-06 is waiting for a range-day.

Good thing my girlfriend is on a business-trip!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

5shot":33e89bgp said:
You're an awfully good friend!
They are good friends and I want them to go out with the best equipment. And I like to invite myself for bbq :)
I learn through their experiences and I 'second hand' shoot more calibers than I own.
And since I have a week off and the boys sleep long, I have some time to burn...

Output:
194 x 300 wsm
16x Test 308 with new Lapua brass.
36 x 308, of which 2x5 test neck sized brass and different case-maker.
A few hundred waiting if the tests work out...
4d35779ca38a970cec24fc407674beb7.jpg

I feel you. I handload for all my friends.

Handloading itself is enjoyable.

Loading good ammo for my sons is a favorite activity of mine. I seldom load for friends, but now and again will do so.

Sometimes the factory ammo we try for their rifles amazes me with such consistent accuracy! That's not something I saw when I was starting to shoot the 6mm Rem & 30-06 in the 1970's. Factory ammo was "okay" but not great. Anymore... some can be very good.

Guy

Back