Latest Mass Shooting by Police and Calling for Gun Control!

Oldtrader3

Ammo Smith
Nov 6, 2009
This is an instance where the Perp did not even shoot at police, only the person that he wanted to kill. The NYPD shot (9) people, including the perp, who had not fired at them. This is generating calls by Mayor Bloomberg for gun control but of whom? Maybe the NY Police, since they shot all of the innocent bystanders and fired 47 rounds into a crowd of bystanders. New Yawk anti gun hysteria at its finest hour!

From WND, Two dead and nine wounded in rampage shooting,” we were told.

And these reports about the “mass shooting” almost always included some reference to this “latest mass shooting,” rekindling the debate over gun laws in our country. Even after it became apparent that the “gunman” had probably shot only one person, a former employer who he had threatened a year earlier – and that the rest of the victims were shot by police – the news stories and pundits continued to refer to this “latest mass shooting” and postulating on how politicians would or should respond.

According to New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, after the murderer had shot his victim repeatedly in the face and head, he calmly walked away. Two nearby police officers quickly responded and, when they challenged the suspect, he pointed his gun at them, but, Kelly said, he did not fire at them.

Witness accounts report that the two officers performed what is known in the shooting world as a “magazine dump,” rapidly emptying their guns in the general direction of the criminal, killing him and wounding all or most of the nine other victims. Thankfully, none of the wounds were thought to be life-threatening.

Even hours after it was clear that all or most of those wounded in the incident were actually shot by police, reporters and commentators continued referring to the “mass shooting” and equating the New York shooting with the recent tragedy in Aurora, Co., and the assault at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin. They frequently decried the nation’s lax gun laws as the obvious culprit, generating lively and inane debate in the comments sections of online news sources.

We need Liberal control! They should all be banned.

JD338

It seems that only three were actually struck by bullets - and those may have been ricochets. The other "wounded" were treated and released after being hit by concrete and bullet fragments.

I feel no sense of outrage toward the police; they had a tough job and they performed as required given the circumstances. The gunman brought his death upon himself, whether intended or not. I am disappointed in the politicians who rush to politicize every incident. Mayor Bloomberg seems to be one of the worst in seeking to advance himself on the sorrow of others. He is not a friend of the oppressed or of the injured.

The liberal news media is ill informed. After they put their spin on it, the facts are diluted and it is another anti gun crime.

Mike, I am with you, I have no hard feelings towards LE. They are under appreciated.
The issue is the out of control liberials and their personal news media.

JD338

I do not feel any ourage toward the police. They were doing their job and protecting others. My point was the hue and cry for more gun control by Mayor Mouthberg and his posse of Liberal idiots. Most of the bystanders were not critically injured and were hit by concrete planter debris and other non-life threatening secondary projectile shards from bullet impact. Only (3) people were hit by bullets. It seems that the media is motivated by the police using hollow points and I have no problem with that either. Really, it does not matter what I think.

I do not have any personal agenda in writing this except the mindless anti gun invective by the Mayor's office. However, there is a negative public perception about overkill by police in New Yawk where there have been several instances of unarmed suspects being shot several dozen times by police. The police there just need to be sensitive to appropriate deadly force but once the police have been shot at, any force is appropriate.

Back