LEE press broke

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
I bought this press about 4 years ago and it came in the lee anniversary kit that came with everything. But last night I was depriming my brass for the 308 win and the piece that holds the handle just snapped into 2 pieces. So I think I just found another good buy for a new lee loader that has three turrets on it so I can just place all of my dies in at one time and get the job done that way.

If it's the Lee turret press, get the four hole version. I have one, two rifle calibers on one turret or one handgun caliber on one turret.

For a turret press try Lyman or Redding. Or a good old RCBS/Hornady/Lyman/Redding non-turret and batch process like I do and you will not miss the turret or lee at all.

I have the Redding T7 Press, and it is a fine press that works very well for me. I have no doubt that the Lee Turret press will work just as well. I've recently added a Forster Co-Ax press, and I just love it. Again, I've had a Lee hand press for many years. All work well.

1Shot":32pwtdr5 said:
Lee will replace the broken press. Call them.

Yep, if it`s less then 2 yr old otherwise they will fix it for 1/2 the $ of a new one.
From Lees web site
Our lifetime conditional guarantee states that any Lee product of current manufacture, regardless of age or condition, will be reconditioned to new, including a new guarantee if returned to the factory with payment equal to half the current retail price.

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/faq/index.cgi
One big reason I like a couple other brands over Lee......

Well I called LEE Precision this morning and they said to send the broken parts back to them and they would replace them free of charge. :grin:

corbin9191":1q0e38f0 said:
Well I called LEE Precision this morning and they said to send the broken parts back to them and they would replace them free of charge. :grin:

Cool. 8)

JD338

corbin9191":2g5c04gg said:

I`m a bit suprised, but very happy to hear they are improving their customer service and standing behind their product better then in the past.

Two thumbs up to Lee! :)

corbin9191":128nuy3r said:

I thought so! They are good about that!

I have the Forster CoAx also and man, it is a slick press and is really nice to use compared to my older RCBS. I like not having to worry about shellholders at all. Plus I like the way the dies snap into place. Need to buy a bunch of HDY die rings for all of my dies, but man it is a slick press that is a joy to use. I even like the priming system a lot. Scotty

Well I sent the broken parts of my press to LEE on Monday and I just received the new parts today. :grin:

It is Lee's biggest problem, they make cheap stuff. They will replace it & sometime quite often. If you ever load anything bigger than the 308, you may want to invest in a sturdier press setup.

I have the Lee Turret press and use it for all of my rifle and handgun calibers. As for using it for claibers larger than 308, I have had no problem with my 270WSM, 7RUM, 300RUM, 338WM, 338RUM, and 375RUM. Are there better presses out there, absolutley, but I have this press set up and know the feedback/feel it provides me during the loading operations. I have thought about buy something "better", but I can't really justify it being that I have no real complaints with this turret press.

Glad to see Lee hooked you up with replacement parts.

FWIW, when you replace the broken toggle links, find a couple of large dia. fender washers to put under the head of the bolt and the nut. This provides a backup for the toggle links and helps stop the flex that causes them to break. Also use Loc-Tite to keep the nut from loosening up.

Back