Left Handed M70

That'll do. Looks to be a fine load, and more than adequate for about anything you'd wish to hunt in NA.

NYDAN":1ah41w6w said:
They say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." So, here is the picture.

What say you all? Would the 7mm 168 gr. ABLR at 2900 fps make an adequate elk load?

Dan
I’m On the lower side of the 49 & I believe I need to get on that list too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amazing how well factory ammo shoots given the wide range of chambers it gets stuffed in. I’d say that’s a keeper. You could wear the barrel out trying to find a better hand load and probably not make much of a practical improvement. I’d take that combo elk hunting any day.

NYDAN":3rzt75wd said:

What say you all? Would the 7mm 168 gr. ABLR at 2900 fps make an adequate elk load?

Dan

Jeeeeze, just seeing this Dan! Congrats buddy, that is a sharp darned rifle and LH'ed as well.

On top of that, it is a SHOOTER.. I love to load my own, but that 168 ABLR at 2900 is a sure darned thing of an elk stopper.

The M70 Classic's have always done me really well, I have a pile of them and like them a bunch as is and for builders. I would maybe suggest pulling out the hot glue bedding and rebedding the lug with some Marine Tex or similar. Trueing up the barrel channel isn't a bad idea either to keep the forend from warping as well. Pretty simple fixes and I think you'll be even happier with how consistent it'll be for you! Congrats on a Big 7 in an excellent rifle.

SJB358":340f5lkg said:
NYDAN":340f5lkg said:

Dan

Jeeeeze, just seeing this Dan! Congrats buddy, that is a sharp darned rifle and LH'ed as well.

On top of that, it is a SHOOTER.. I love to load my own, but that 168 ABLR at 2900 is a sure darned thing of an elk stopper.

The M70 Classic's have always done me really well, I have a pile of them and like them a bunch as is and for builders. I would maybe suggest pulling out the hot glue bedding and rebedding the lug with some Marine Tex or similar. Trueing up the barrel channel isn't a bad idea either to keep the forend from warping as well. Pretty simple fixes and I think you'll be even happier with how consistent it'll be for you! Congrats on a Big 7 in an excellent rifle.

Scotty, does this mean that I have graduated from the class of people that "Wish they had one" to the class of people who are a "Model 70 owner"? :grin:

Dan

Back