Leica CRF1600

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I just ordered one today from Cabela's. They have them in stock. I've been wating for a while for this model to be released. I know of a few people waiting also.

I was hard to drop $$ on it but my Nikon 800 is only reliable out to 400 - 450. I've starting shooting long range this year (800 - 1000yds). With the Nikon I had to get a reading and move and repeat until I get to the tgts. Can't do that when hunting. :wink:

With the Elk tag I drew this year I don't want any of the "tools" to be insufficient.

I have the swaro and this year I ranged an antelope at 1722 yards!!!!!!!!!! Man was i pleased! Either way I think you made a wise purchase. Please give us a field report. Congrats!!!! :mrgreen:

That is on my list of things to get. My RX-III doesn't go much past 500 and most of the time it won't do that on game. Let me know how it works out for you.

Same here, I would like to invest in a proper set of Range Finders. I have a small Leupold that works decent out to 500, but not much beyond that. I think my old man has a set of Leica's that are pretty nice, just never messed with them much. Scotty

Congratulations on the Leica. Give us a field test report.

I have the Swaro Laser Guide. :grin:

JD338

I have a really old Bushnell 800 compact that stays in my Jeep, works reliably out to 450 yards.
Had a Leupold RX-III for a day, Returned it and got a Zeiss.
I consistently range wild horses out to 1400 yards with the Zeiss
Let us know how the Leica works, I played with a 1200 CRF and it did really well out to 1100 yards on horses

Teknys,

Let me know how your CRF 1600 works. I've ordered a Geovid for the coming year.

I've had the Leica LRF 1200 for about 6 years now... it has never let me down. I imagine the CRF 1600 is just more of a good thing... and smaller too. Just don't set it down... I put mine down calling coyotes one day, I was pretty distraught for about 2 hours untill I found the thing!

Now that I have some field time with this unit, I have to say it is FAST. I get a reading in less then 1 sec.
I've only shot trees but have hit 1250 reliably. It is small and handy for a shirt pocket or hanging from your neck inside your bibs if you wear them.
I'll have more time in the coming weeks deer hunting and will use it more than when I was elk hunting.

Back