Leica ER discontinued???

maverick2

Handloader
Dec 22, 2013
I just read that the Leica ER series of scopes has been discontinued. Does anyone know the background here? I'm curious if they dropped the ER series only and will continue with the ERi series, or if production on both has stopped? Is anyone aware of any problems with their ER scopes???

I think the 3.5x14 is being discontinued and being replaced by the ERi 3x12. The 2.5x10 is staying as well, only with illumination and an upgraded lockable dial.

The only Leica scopes that Eurooptics has listed at the moment are the 2.5-10x42 and 3.5-14x50 which are on discount are the a few down to as low as $899. I just bought (2) Zeiss HD5' ad would have split the order between the Zeiss and the Leica had I known. Oh well!

At these prices, they are a good buy but not enough to lose any sleep over. Eat my words on this one!

Thanks for the feedback. I recently came to the realization that two new scopes would suit my purposes/NEEDS very well (mounted on separate hunting rifles, w/ an occasional swap back and forth when one rifle sits idle for most of the year). I had no sooner come to the conclusion that the Leica ER 3.5-14x42 is a great candidate for the first of those 2 purchases (I really like the light, compact configuration coupled with the glass, coatings, and reticle) when I saw that Leica was dropping the ER line, so thought I'd better do a little checking. I'd like to buy a Meopta as the second scope, but since I can wait until fall hunting season for that scope, decided to wait a bit and see what different configurations are being offered in their new R2 line.

Leica is continuing the 3-12x42 line and all of the ER 2 scopes that have the "ER-i" (illuminated feature), plus they are keeping the 3-12x42 line to use as the basis for additional illumination reticle types and designs going forward. At least that is how they put it.

Back