Leupold 6X

Tooter

Beginner
Oct 23, 2009
Found a factory reconditioned M8 6x36 Compact for $200 to put on the pre-64 Mod. 70 in 270. The new FXII 6x36 runs $300. Do you guys think that the newer coatings and construction would justify the additional $100? Or would the older M8 version be all that a guy really needs.

That question could go a million ways depending on your hunting style. I could take that M8 and run it and be very happy. For 200 bucks it seems like a good deal to me.

I think the older M8's would fit that rifle better than these newer scopes as long as ya like the reticle in it, sounds like a White Tails nightmare is coming together! I have a couple of the newer ones but have been looking at older M8's as I think they still have a place on top of a lotta rifles as they made so many different reticles and from what I have been looking at the price sounds pretty good for a reconditioned M8! I have an older Model 100 in 243 that needs a period correct scope and M8 will be what I pick up for it more than likely! It's around a 1969 Winchester 243 and the newer optic on it just does not work for me but they are great optics!! Just the contrast of old vs new for some reason does not work?

I have two older 6x36 M 8's and think they are very good scopes. Paid $200 for one and $150 for the other from our good friend Rem Jim. I would buy another for sure if I had a place for it, they make great all around scopes for a lot of people and they are really tough too.

Two of the guys in our hunting group have the fixed 6 in the Leuy neither one of them plan on parting with them :wink: .

Blessings,
Dan

Back