Leupold Mark 4 M3-10X

Buddy

Beginner
Jun 21, 2006
I just recently bought a used Mark 4 M3-10X scope without it's original box and papers. The scope being my first 30mm scope I had to order some rings for it to use on my Rem 700 VLS .243 Win. After receiving the rings in the mail I had a closer look at the scope and I was surprised to find the elevation knob had "1 2 3 4 5 YDS .223 REM/5.56mm" instead of the usual marks like on the windage knob. A bit of research online showed that it could be also used with a .308, 30-06 and .300 Win. using different BDC rings. I don't have any of the above rifles except a .308 and I'm not planning on using this scope with it. Can this Mark 4 scope be used like a regular scope with my .243 or would I need to shim a base in order to zero in the rifle?
TIA

It seems that I could use this scope with my 243 after all. The only difference will be that the elevation clicks will be 1 MOA instead of .5 like the windage dial. If I wanted, Leupold can make a custom dial for any caliber as long as I provide some ballistic data for just $59.99 + tax. The data needed is listed below.

Caliber
Bullet Weight
Brand/ Style of Bullet
Bullet BC
Muzzle Velocity (chronographed if available)
Average Elevation
Average Temperature
Sight in Zero Distance
Mounted Scope Height

Very cool. Sorry I didn't say anything earlier, but your message just popped up as new. I figured Leupold would be able to take care of you. 10X shouldn't be a bad general purpose scope out on the open range.

Take some pictures of it when you get it all mounted up and ready to hunt.

Been a while since I've seen one, but as I recall those were very good scopes.

Guy Miner":2rz94ih0 said:
Been a while since I've seen one, but as I recall those were very good scopes.

If Guy says its been awhile since he has seen one, you know it was a LONG time ago.. :lol:

Is that the laughter of amusement, or the laughter of hearty agreement? :?

Back