Leupolds new warning to the public read it!

There was a time when Leupold would not allow anyone to sell one of their rifle scopes on the internet to avoid this exact thing going on. Obviously times have changed to the point of the internet being a huge part in virtually every home and business and they had to loosen up the reigns on that policy....
but it would suck thinking you saved a few hundred only to find out you just but a chinese POS

The counterfeit scopes have been a problem for a few years now. I buy my Leupold scopes directly from Leupold so I don't worry about this growing problem.

JD338

JD338":3cijzpno said:
The counterfeit scopes have been a problem for a few years now. I buy my Leupold scopes directly from Leupold so I don't worry about this growing problem.

JD338

Most of the time, if the price of a Leupold is too good to be true, it is... Leupolds don't vary much in price unless your a dealer!

SJB358":3grl6dd4 said:
JD338":3grl6dd4 said:

JD338

Most of the time, if the price of a Leupold is too good to be true, it is... Leupolds don't vary much in price unless your a dealer!

Scotty,

Truer words have never been spoken. Applies to everything in life.

JD338

You can always contact leupold with a SN and they will confirm if the scope was made by them. I did this with a vx3 1.5-5 that was NIB that i got a super deal on.

JD338":3sx2lasa said:
SJB358":3sx2lasa said:
JD338":3sx2lasa said:

JD338

Scotty,

Truer words have never been spoken. Applies to everything in life.

JD338

Exactly! I am sure all lot of you who have traveled to some of these countries have seen the knock offs, like a Rolex watch for ten dollars .

I actually have one Sean, Rolex I mean LOL

Good to see you Sean, and Charles, Charlie, Scotty, David, Aleena and others I know. Sorry it took so long to get here Scotty, I have been a little busy

I did get a great deal on my VX7 not buying direct from Leupold, but I trusted that Midway wasn't selling knock-off Leupolds.... lol.

Tom,

How are you liking that VX7? I have two now, and they are fine scopes. I also picked up the VX6 (you know, the one you didn't want to wait for and for which I waited over a year). It is another fine scope.

DrMike":35jru9sr said:
Tom,

How are you liking that VX7? I have two now, and they are fine scopes. I also picked up the VX6 (you know, the one you didn't want to wait for and for which I waited over a year). It is another fine scope.

I really like it. The thing just eats up light, no two ways about it. It does not go long in dim light past my Conquest or Minox, but we're talking minutes there anyway. The only conditions I have hunted in so far that it didn't let me shoot during every legal minute were the day it was heavy overcast with driving rain. There I lost about 5 minutes of shooting time on the morning and evening ends of the hunt.

Just buy from a trusted source. Be careful of Ebay and such!

I read about the chinease knockoffs years ago, luepold regulates the prices, last one I knew who retailed luepolds at wholesale prices was premeir reticles, only cause dick had them over a barrel. when dick passed away luepold refused to let them be a distributor.
RR

Back