Lever action 338 win mag?

If I am not mistaken, Browning offered some belted mags in the BLR. I am thinking 7mm RM, 300 WM, and maybe 338 WM.

JD338

I know the BLR was chambered in 7mm RM and 300 WM, but I don't recall the 338 WM as an offering. It would have been a great rifle for some offerings, however.

wow, i just posted on another thread.
my uncle just bought a browning BLR takedown,in 325WSM. it shure looks SWEET !

peabody

I know the Browning BAR is available in 338 WM but wasn't sure about the BLR.

JD338

I seen there was one on gunbroker today.It was a rechambered 7mm.I would like to buy it but need to see and shoot it first.The auction ends tonight and if nobody buys it I'm going to email him about looking at it in Portland.

The BLR in 325 WSM can be a real elk killer. I've shot several now, and they shoot surprisingly well. I certainly like my 325 WSM. It drops elk and moose with authority.

The BLR is availible in 358 win, & 450 Marlin, as well...... I beleive that the 450 is not in production anymore, but there is a few around. I think that would make great use of a 300-350 grain Partition. Of course, if you've got a 45-70 it would be a serious overlap, but if not would be a unique rifle. Not alot of them around and not in production, would be a good rifle to keep for the grandkids.

JT.

Of course, that has nothing to do with a 338 Lever or BLR. I don't think that one exists, but I'm sure that Pac-Nor or shilen could make you a prefit barrel to install on a 7mm rem BLR. I don't know of any production 338 Win Mag levers, but keep looking. You'll either like the idea enough to build one or get sick of looking.

For Lefthanded guys, a lever rifle presents a way out of having to fight with a RH bolt or try to find a LH in a caliber desired. I know, I've got a brother and father that are lefties.

JT.

And if you look into it, under 300 yds there really isn't much difference between the 338 Win Mag and 35 Whelen,

JD338

Back