Limbsaver Recoil pads

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Looking to put a new pad on my 35 Whelen and have had some advise here in another post . While looking at the Sims Vibration the maker of Limbsavers web page I saw a new pad they cal their Air Tech model that they claim will reduce felt recoil by 70%. Has any one tried these yet or do I need to be the first ? Looking for some reviews on good recoil pads that others have used so I can decide what I want to buy. :mrgreen:

I saw those when I was looking at pads for my M700 but could not find any data on them.
The old rubber pad on my 7mag had turned hard as a rock. After a few shots it was slamming me so hard it had cricked my neck where I'm missing a disc. Not good for load developtment.
I bought a prefit Limbsaver and tried it. It turned the 7mag into a 7-08. I have shot over 30 from the bench with no problems. Of course when I reach that round count I do start to feel it but nothing like it was.
Really works.

Darkhorse, How was the fit to wood on the prefit? The new Air Tech model is suppose to reduce the felt recoil by 70%.

If they are the same size as the old Limbsaver, they should fit pretty well if you buy the correct one. I always measure the stock and buy the one from their drawings which fits my stock butt. I have mounted 3-4 of the old ones with no issues.

There are a few different ones for M700's, I found the one recommended for the older wood stock then checked it against the patterns. Stock Fit was really close but the holes were about .100 or less off and the pad sits a little low. It hasn't really affected my shooting but imperfection bothers me and I'm going to plug and redrill the holes in my stock.
If those new pads work any better than the old ones then they are good indeed as I am perfectly satisfied with the performance.

Darkhorse":1j13r0pg said:
There are a few different ones for M700's, I found the one recommended for the older wood stock then checked it against the patterns. Stock Fit was really close but the holes were about .100 or less off and the pad sits a little low. It hasn't really affected my shooting but imperfection bothers me and I'm going to plug and redrill the holes in my stock.
If those new pads work any better than the old ones then they are good indeed as I am perfectly satisfied with the performance.
I've only used the old pad design but find it sufficient for my needs as my hardest recoiling rifle is a mild .338 Win Mag.
If the new design is as good it will be a winner. If it's better that's just extra icing on the cake.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks Vince, I did pick one up but have been toooo busy with the JOB and other things to go shooting. It's amazing how fast your life can get cluttered with tedium.

Yes it is.
We need to strive to seperate the chaff from our life.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I hate recoil and put one on my Tikka 300wsm. What a difference not having the snot kicked out of you

Need to find one for my wife's T3 6.5x55, had one on my departed 375 Ruger and it was nice.

About half of my rifles wear LimbSaver pads. I like them. Other than the one lot that melted in the safe, they are excellent.

G'Day Fella's,

Truck Driver, another option you may want to consider, is the Pachmayr XLT recoil pad!
It is primarily a shotgun Trap Pad, and is shaped like that (the rear face is slightly concave or dished).
I have more spinal injuries (Cervical etc), than I care to think about and recoil aggravates these injuries!
Given this, I have fitted these XLT recoil pads to several of my Sharp Recoiling rifles, and they are probably the best out there for this task!!!

I'll try and locate an image for you!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Thanks for the info Homer, hope your back allows you to get on with your favorite activities.

G'Day Fella's,

No problem Truck Driver, happy to help out where I can!
And Thank You for your kind words and thoughts with regard to my aching body, very much appreciated!!!

Best regards
Homer

Back