Little bro spotted him and I brought him home!

DeerTracker

Handloader
Nov 19, 2010
After watching my little bro kill his buck last night, my trigger finger was itching uncontrollably. My wife and I were sitting at home in the middle of dinner when my little bro called and said there was a nice buck feeding out in the stubble field on some property we hunt. So wife and I put dinner on hold, gathered our junk and were on the way out here with only 30 mins of shooting light left. Its nice having hunting property only 5 miles out of town :)! After glassing him for a few minutes, I decided to put a sneak on him. He was 600 yards from where we originally glassed him and after a short sneak, I was within 200 yards. Double checked with my wife to see if she wanted to shoot him but she told me to take him. A little side note: we have been together a little over 4 years and been hunting together since we first started dating and this was the first animal she has seen me shoot.

Anyways, I crawled out to the edge of the stubble to where I could shoot off of my bipod without grass in the way. Flicked off the safety of my new Tikka T3 270. I only had 5 minutes of shooting light left but could clearly see the buck through my VX3. I placed the crosshairs behind the shoulder, squeezed the trigger and when my rifle settled, he was laying right where he had been standing. The 130gr entered left side right behind the shoulder and exited same spot on the off side. Looked back at my wife and she was all smiles! It wasnt much of a "hunt" but was a short and sweet and made memories to last a lifetime! Now for the good stuff...

DSCN6045.jpg

DSCN6047.jpg

DSCN6060.jpg

My little brother's buck from last night and my buck from last night were killed close to 20 miles apart but they have almost identical character. They both have the same little sticker point on the left G2s, both have a "point" that tried to grow on the right G2. Mine is a little heavier and wider and his has slightly longer a main beams but they look just alike!
DSCN6055.jpg

DSCN6052.jpg

DSCN6051.jpg

Wow, they do look as though they have similar genes? Both nice looking bucks and good performance from that .270, just what I would expect.

They look like brothers. The deer I mean, really nice bucks and great pictures.

You two are deer killing machines. Excellent buck. You have every right to be pleased with that animal. Good job, DT.

Great hunt DT! Very nice bucks buddy. Glad that 270 counted coup! Great story!

Congrats! Another good buck down. Nice shooting, and I think it's great that you guys stick together and do this stuff as a family. That's pretty cool.

Good job DT, nice to see a couple of very respectable bucks down :) .
Great to see family supporting each other and enjoying the great outdoors.
PS. Thank you for the story & photos as well.

Blessings,
Dan

Very Very nice! I would agree they look eerily the same.

Great job and just what you can expect from that 270 and 130 grain pills!

Love those bucks when you find that they may come from the same gene pool! I have two that have very similar attributes and love looking at them on the wall!

DT

Nicely done.
You and your bro shot a couple of dandy bucks.

JD338

Wow, very nice. Your wife was showing you a lot of love by letting you take that buck. Nice to know you offered her the opportunity. Nicely done.

Long

Back