Loaded Ammo on Hand??????

Alderman, I've also found that such shortcuts don't work in my guns. Even going from one proven load/bullet combo to a very similar shaped but different brand bullet in the same weight. I always end up having to work up the load if I want good performance out of it.

Lately, I have been shooting more due to joining a club, so I try to have 20-40 rounds for each gun on hand. But I like having the next two boxes of prepped and primed brass waiting. Not as big a fan at prepping brass.

Wyo7200":1lp83yr1 said:
Que the rimshot for this bit of journalism...

You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and allegedly had (by rough estimate) 100,000 rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.

My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter: “Wow! He has about a quarter million machine gun bullets.” The headline referred to it as a “massive weapons cache”.

By southern California standards someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called “mentally unstable”. Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he’d be called “an avid gun collector”.

In Texas , he’d be called “a novice gun collector”.

In Utah , he’d be called “moderately well prepared”, but they’d probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana , he’d be called “The neighborhood ‘Go-To’ guy”.

In Idaho , he’d be called “a likely gubernatorial candidate”.

In Wyoming , he’d be called “an eligible bachelor”.

In Wisconsin , he’d be called “a deer hunting buddy”.

And, in Alabama , we just call him “Bubba”.

(y) Excellent summation! :mrgreen: Hard for liberals to believe, but there are some of us who enjoy shooting!

wyo7200 you pretty much got it summed up. Rich, I like your storage area. Mine is quite similiar.

I have way too much ammo or reloading components on hand. I have at least 50 to 100 loaded rounds for each gun I own. I also have enough brass to load another 100 rounds for each gun I own. I also have way more bullets to load then I am ever going to need. I always seem to pick stuff up on sale or from SPS cheap and am a sucker for buying more when I don't really need any more. I also pick up stuff like .358 bullets as they become available. They tend to be hard to come by so when they are in stock I usually pick up a box or two. I guess my theory is someday when the kids are grown and gone I might have more time to shoot so I won't have to track down components the.

Loaded ammo? Very little... Maybe 10 rounds for the hunting rifles.

45acp ammo and 5.56 though.... Yeah, I got a few rounds of that.

I don't load a bunch of ammo at a time for the hunting rifles... Usually about 20-30 rounds per year is all.

I do have an ample supply of powder, brass, primers, and bullets though.... 4-500 bullets each, lifetime supply of primers, lifetime supply of brass, and at least 20 years worth of powder (Norma MRP)....

I have everything....except time.

25-50 rounds per rifle but I keep the components to load many more if I need them. I do however have several thousand for my AR platforms on hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of 45 Colt ammo, about 5k rounds.
A bunch of 44 Mag ammo, about 5k rounds.
10k 22lr
Got about 1000 various handloads in 308 for two bolt guns.
Currently have around 2500 reloads for ARs w 75 gr BTHPs and I just picked up 7k processed cases and 6k Hornady 55gr FMJBTs

Hunting rifles?
I keep at least 50 proven loads for each rifle at all times.
I've got enough brass, bullets, primers and powder to keep me in the reloading room for a long time.

I've got enough brass, bullets, primers and powder to keep me in the reloading room for a long time.

Wow, I feel inadequate, you are well set up Howard, congratulations.

I usually load 40 rounds of any one caliber at a time. That way they don't get stale before I use them.

Back