Loading Ballistic Tips

I usually start at .030 off if I can.But really it depends on the rifle.I have a couple of rifles that are long throated and the mag box is too short to allow me to seat the bullets out far enough.Those rifles can be a real challenge to find a bullet that it will shoot well with a lot of jump.The thing that surprises me is those long throated rifles will shoot both Ballistic Tips and Accubonds with a long jump of .100 or more very well.So don't be afraid to jump them if you need too.

Well I've went back and checked my targets plus loaded a set at .120" off since I had tried .100' off and got the same results of 2" groups.
Just for giggles I loaded 2 sets one with accubonds and one with partitions. The ABs were .050" off and the PTs at .025" off. My groups tightened back up to square one when I first started chasing velocity.
I guess this rifle is one of those 1" or less shooters and that's what I have to live with.

hodgeman":2bppncuk said:
I use them interchangeably with Accubonds in like weights with respect to seating depth and powder charge. In my rifle they shoot to the same POI.
same for me .

Back