Loading some oldies for the 7 X 57

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Gonna try out some of the 162 grain Nosler Solid Base bullets I got recently.
d5ad4f88d4b50ea2eb70fde9961f8c3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrMike":6lc29dmr said:
They'll work for you, I have no doubt.
Interesting to see the Nosler manuals load hotter than the Hornady manuals for the 7x57. Hopefully this will be a good combo for the 77 tang safety.

Alderman":3n80gab1 said:
DrMike":3n80gab1 said:
They'll work for you, I have no doubt.
Interesting to see the Nosler manuals load hotter than the Hornady manuals for the 7x57. Hopefully this will be a good combo for the 77 tang safety.

Not only does the latest Nosler manual have hotter loads for the 7x57 but so does the Speer manual #15. It made feel a little more comfortable with what I've been doing with the 7x57.
Paul B.

Most of the older load data for the 7x57 was done with a max of 4600 CUP for the old small ring Mauser etc. less robust actions. In a modern action like the Ruger 77 you can get some serious velocity not too far behind the 280 Rem.

1Shot":1wahg2sc said:
Most of the older load data for the 7x57 was done with a max of 4600 CUP for the old small ring Mauser etc. less robust actions. In a modern action like the Ruger 77 you can get some serious velocity not too far behind the 280 Rem.
The thing that caught my attention was the Nosler data is out of one of their first load manuals and the Hornady data was out of one of their latest. I would almost expect the reverse as there were probably a few more folks loading for the weaker actions years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back