Loads for Rem LvSf 22-250

MDP

Beginner
Oct 16, 2007
I have a Remington Lv Sf in 22-250(22" TUBE,1:14 twist) and need load data. Getting an average 1 3/4" group @100yds with several different loads tried with little success in tightening the groups. Tried 50gr V-Max with Varget/ IMR 4350 and 55gr Sierra BTHP and Varget/ IMR 4350.Tried CCI Mag and WLR primers. Any suggestions besides selling?

MDP,

Welcome to the forum.

I shoot a 700VLS in 22-250 with the 50 gr BT, 36.0 grs Varget and a Federal GM210 primer. Accuracy is .5-.6".
I plan on trying H380, several of the guys here are using it with great results.

JD338

goatboy_k":2ais95fm said:
my friends and i have had excellent luck with the 50 and 55 grain nosler BT with RL15

goatboy_k,

Can you share more details?

JD338

i load

nosler 50 grain BT
36.5 grain RL15
avg velocity 3819
1619 ft/lbs at muzzle
es 69
sd 26.1
5 shot group
i think this load is a little slow

and

nosler 55 grain BT
36.0 grain RL15
avg velocity 3731
1699 ft/lbs at muzzle
es 82
sd 35.6
this is a stiff load, please work up!!

these loads were using federal gold medal large rifle magnum primers and winchester cases

my ES's are really not that good and i should prob not be using magnum primers in these loads, but in mine and my friends savages they will clover leaf at 100 yrds. We have good luck on praire dogs out to about 350 yards with prob 80% hits. This was the some of the first batches of this caliber i have tried so i have not had time to tune the loads at all, i think there is much room for improvment, just where i started. good luck

Thanks for the replies. I have been reloading for about fifteen years and have not run into very many rifles that I could not get to shoot well. This gun is consistently shooting the same groups with the combinations that I have tried. I will try some of your recommendations and see what happens. Will let you know how it goes.

MDP,
Welcome !

I've had real good luck with the 50gr B-tip, 52gr SMK, and currently using the 55grn BlitzKings. The only bullet so far not to shoot well has been the 40grn B-tips. Current powerder is Viht N-140 with CCI BR-2 primers.
Don't give up on it, that's a sweet little gun !

Look down in the forum a ways. As JD stated, a lot of people seem to be using the H380 powder with good results.

MDP

What is your COL? SAAMI calls for 2.350" but I load mine out to 2.428".
Maybe this may help your accuracy.

JD338

JD338,
The COL that I am currently working with is 2.498. This is measuring to the tip. I ran and empty case with 50gr VMAX in to chech where it would meet the lands/grooves. That overall measurement was 2.518. Shot today using 36,37,38gr of Varget with horrible results. Groups were around 2.5 to 3 inches with all test loads at 100yds. Wondering now if I should seat the bullets a little farther off of the lands/grooves. Going to the range tommorow to try again.

i run mine about .025 off the lands for an overall of 2.535 with the 50gn nosler BT in my savage. its not in the case by much.

I use the 55gr BT's with 33gr of ADI Bench Mark II powder and Win WLR primers and am getting 5 shot groups of .5"-.6" at 100 yards. Every rifle is different and may like some things better than others. eg tried the CT Ballistic Silvertips and my rifle just doesn't like them. Swap back to the normal BT's and everything is sweet. :grin:

Back