LOL, doe tag, and I'm happy!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Kind of funny... I applied for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose... "Quality elk, quality deer" etc...

Drew a doe tag, the same one I drew in 2015. It was a good, easy hunt, which was nice because I had some health issues that fall. Getting out in the snow and shooting a doe in December was just fine for me.

I hope to do so again, and will likely use my 30-30 lever action Glenfield. It's been a long time since I shot a deer with one of my lever action rifles. Time to do so again. :)

That's in addition to the over-the-counter bear and elk tags I have, so it could be another good season. Really looking forward to this!

Regards, Guy

Should pan out to be a good season. Most of the counties around here the doe tags are over the counter, up to 3. You can’t swing a dead cat without smacking a doe. But that’s whitetail, I know you have mule, too

Congratulations, Guy. I am sure you will enjoy the hunt. You are adding a little more challenge using a lever gun instead of one of your longer-range rifles.

Str8meat, congratulations to your wife. I bet your guiding her will as fun as actually hunting yourself.

Dan

Kind of funny... I applied for mountain goat, bighorn sheep, moose... "Quality elk, quality deer" etc...

Drew a doe tag, the same one I drew in 2015. It was a good, easy hunt, which was nice because I had some health issues that fall. Getting out in the snow and shooting a doe in December was just fine for me.

I hope to do so again, and will likely use my 30-30 lever action Glenfield. It's been a long time since I shot a deer with one of my lever action rifles. Time to do so again. :)

That's in addition to the over-the-counter bear and elk tags I have, so it could be another good season. Really looking forward to this!

Regards, Guy
Guy, the over the counter Elk tag, is that for a cow or is it Bull or cow?

You didn't get the preferred tags but can have fun as you stated. I enjoy hunting our does for the meat as well as you are using different guns. Good opportunity. Dan.

The only over the counter tags we can buy are doe tag in certain areas. Bear takes a few purchase points and with elk you would win the Powerball jackpot a dozen times before an elk tag. I when remember growing up and getting a doe tag was a big deal (very few were given out).

Last edited:
Guy, Hunter Pink? I never heard of that one before. I think I might have a problem wearing pink clothing.
I believe that's because of the increasing number of female hunters afield, who wanted something different from traditional Hunter Orange.

I dunno. Seems silly to me. But what the heck, if I can see those little blobs of orange and pink out there, I'll know where the other hunters are. That's a good thing on public land.

Regards, Guy

How is a "master Hunter" defined?
There's a program for it. They're folks who have demonstrated proficiency & safety and are willing to be used to essentially cull herds where excess number of animals are and engage in conservation projects. I'm tempted, but have never started the process to become a "Master Hunter."

1655560874005.png

Back