Long range cartridges

I have not been on here in forever lol. We just clear cut 350 acres on the hunting club, so will prolly finish out the barrel on my trusty howa 6.5 CM this summer. Pretty sure we can setup some spots that go well past mine, or my brothers range finders. Guess I’ll have to upgrade to better model now. Looking forward to getting my howa back out. All I’ve done all winter was load and hunt with my 416’s, and honestly I’m looking forward to no recoil lol.
Good to see the post and to hear of what is happening for you. Maintaining the hunting club does take some time for the members. We'll be looking forward to your reports on the Howa.

I’ve only got 700 rounds thru my 22 creedmoor but I have a buddy who uses one as his long range coyote rifle. At last count he was at 1200+ rounds using 75-88gr bullets. Still going strong. It won’t bother me a bit if I only get 1000-1200 rounds out of this one, if I do then that means I’m getting out there and shooting, win win.

The beauty of choice is we can each build and shoot whatever strikes our fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may get more bore life than you think. My 22-243AI shot well for waaaaaay over 1,000 rounds. I was shooting 75gr A-Max moly bullets @ 3,670 ft/sec. Eventually, I had the barrel set back 2"-2.5" and rechambered in 22-243 (plain). It will still shoot under .5moa @ 400yds.

Back