Look What Showed Up This Morning

DrMike

Ballistician
Nov 8, 2006
Well, I met the postal truck at the door this morning. This was delivered to my house.

307Win30-04-123.jpg

307Win30-04-122.jpg

Another .307 Winchester. It is slated to get a Leupold VX7 1-6X24 mounted. The scope is at the shop, and I'll pick it up and get it going. Hopefully, I'll have some results from loads later this week. Yeah, I like these Model 94s.

Another beauty Doc, was the wife right beside you :wink: when the door bell rang.
You must have quite the collection by now. I hope to get up there soon, my son might be buying a truck from Valley View Ford so he might catch a ride if I can get some information on my RMR.

Blessings,
Dan

Another beauty Doc, was the wife right beside you :wink: when the door bell rang.

Nope! She was in the shower. :oops: :grin: Truthfully, so many rifles come to my door for load development, it would be well nigh impossible to keep track of what is mine and what isn't.

DrMike":bzkno9jw said:

Nope! She was in the shower. :oops: :grin: Truthfully, so many rifles come to my door for load development, it would be well nigh impossible to keep track of what is mine and what isn't.

Mike, I think I might need to adopt your theory on this.

That is one fine looking rifle!

Thank you, Jake. The other one appears to be a real shooter. All the other Model 94 Big Bores I've owned shoot surprisingly well, so I do have hopes for this one. I will be working on some loads.

The other one is just as handsome, Jake.

P3300301.jpg

307Win2.jpg

Mike,
What a looker! Hope she shoots as well as she looks.
Congrats on a fine rifle.
Scott

Mike,

That is a real beauty for sure. Congratulations on another nice find.

JD338

I am thrilled to find this. I'm on the hunt for a Model 94 in 444 now. There were a few that showed up here in Canada, so I should be able to find one eventually.

Nice, Mike, but I wish you'd quit posting about things I don't know I need until you post about them! :)

Kurt,

My wanter is about to outstrip my capacity to provide. However, I checked on my balance at my local gun dealer, and I still have a credit, so I can pay for the rifles in process and perhaps even pay for the safe that will eventually show up.

It had a 3-9 Tasco mounted with see thru rings. I pulled them, putting them on consignment. I said if a young person picks up a rifle and needs a scope, give it to him or her. My last one had a very old scope chief scope on it, and I did the same with it. There will be some new shooter needing a scope. I don't know if I'm doing them a favour our not, but I can at least cut down on their initial cost until they become comfortable with what is there. I am mounting a 1-6X24 Leupold VX7 on it with Vortex (Warne) rings. I believe that will work.

Mike, it is beautiful! What an awesome pair.

I can't wait to see some results on the range with them. Really liking the 307..

I'll be pushing some loads through this one shortly. The accuracy is there on the other one, though I would like a little more velocity.

I do enjoy the Model 94 for carrying, especially in the bush. The carry easily and mount quickly, seeming to float to my shoulder. None of my 356s have ever let me down. I should imagine these 307s will disappoint me.

Thank you, sir. From a fellow who has had a few pass through his hands, I am pleased to receive that compliment.

Very nice DrMike. Despite being blind and having sold or given away my 1894's, I still have a special place for them in my fond memories. I even collected many of the variants at one time. Fine looking rifle!

Back