**Looking for feedback/load info on the 168gr 30 cal BT

DIXIE

Beginner
Nov 12, 2006
Is anyone using this? any different than the 165? loads for 308win..

IT COSTS LESS THAN THE 165???

I've shot a few thousand of the 168 Nosler match bullets through my .308's. They typically shoot very well out to 600 yards, which is all I ask. I find that I can use the same load data for either 165's or 168's, but I'm loading about a grain under "max" anyway.

It appears to me that the additional BC that is gained going from the 165BT to the 168BT is very good & with the difference in wt. being only 3 grains they should offer very close velocities, nice & efficient trade-off. I hope to try them soon & this may replace the 165BT for me at least.

need some new feedback, this bullet isnt being talked about anywhere?? DOes it have a thicker jacket than the 165?

Outstanding shooting at 300yds considering the position you fired from, excellent. :)

I think the advertised BC of the 168 BT may be a little "optimistic"...I have not tested it to make sure yet...but I don't understand how they got it to .490 and still kept the ogive the same as the 165 BT...I'm betting its actually closer to .475.

That said...the 168 BT is awesome...I use the same data I used with the 165 BT's....and got the exact same velocity (2,635 fps from a 20 inch factory Remington barrel)

The 168 BT and Hornady AMAX are as close as it gets to being perfect for long range hunting bullets in a 308 Winchester...they do just fine punching paper and steel too.

Back