Lori's 25-06

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Well, the other day I tried out my wife's 25-06. I took a try with RL25 and it seems to like it. I was running WW cases, CCIBR2 primers, RL25 and the 115 BT. I loaded them all the same COAL at 3.250 and just shot to see what would come outta the bunch. Didn't even set up the chronograph, as right now, I just wanted to see what it would do with some decent handloads.

60 grains RL25

AAA42913.jpg

5DD14AF5.jpg

67045CC8.jpg

I was pretty happy when I saw the group with 61 and knew there is alot of promise in the rifle if it was shooting this well, this early..

7C526634.jpg

I was floored when I saw this. Pretty danged happy with it.

I shot 62, but it seemed to start opening back up..

81284ED6.jpg

Overall, it was a great afternoon with her rifle. Seems like it has a ton of promise. I have already loaded up some more 61.5 at 3.250 and then two batches of them seated incrementally deeper just to try and pull that last one in. Overall, I was very happy with it though. Should be an excellent rifle and I gotta think the speed should be there.

I also shot a couple groups with my 7WSM, just to reverify the load was shooting well and ready.

4188D4C6.jpg

I adjusted the zero 3" high at 100 to get it prepped for some longer range time.

Hoping to get back out with the 25-06 and finalize that load, but it seems pretty good right now. I can't imagine much getting past Lori with that load.

Nice! A lot better results than the last time you wrung out a .25-06...

I wouldn't expect anything less of that rifle, Scotty. Good job. Hey, the 7WSM is getting in the zone, as well.

Scotty,

The 25-06 is going to be a shooter.
I would focus around 61.5 grs RL 25 and play with the COL.
You are almost there. :wink:

JD338

JD338":qzlin1fh said:
Scotty,

JD338

Should have a load and some speeds this week Jim. I figure it should be a good one. I will try the PT's next. If I can get them both to shoot with a similar load, I would be stoked.

SJB358":266p4bu6 said:
JD338":266p4bu6 said:
Scotty,

JD338

Should have a load and some speeds this week Jim. I figure it should be a good one. I will try the PT's next. If I can get them both to shoot with a similar load, I would be stoked.

Give the 100 gr PT a try. It would make for a really good light recoiling deer load for your bride.

JD338

Woodycreek":301glviq said:
It seems to shoot as good as it looks!

Can't wait to check it and chrono it. Might try to do it tomorrow. Hopefully the 338 Win Mag shows up tomorrow too..

Scotty nice shooting buddy. From looking at the targets I could not know a reason to wander from the 61.5

Bill

Yeah. I think it's close Bill. Ill try to pull in that last shot but I think it'll be good.

SJB358":2s5chs19 said:
Yeah. I think it's close Bill. Ill try to pull in that last shot but I think it'll be good.

Your right it's close. :grin:

Nice shooting from all in the family and super Family Fun Scotty
What a difference .5 makes in the groups.
Glad to see you back!!!

Steve

FOTIS":2hrs70rq said:
Nice group Scotty! Any speeds?

Nothing yet Fotis. Didn't wanna mess with the chrono that day. I will get it done shortly though. I am thinking it is in the 3100+ range though. Should be more than enough to get her out and blasting steel. It should wreck any deers day too!

Yup, that looks as though it's liking 115's with 61.5. Damn good for a first proper test outing I'd say
& the 7WSM looks just great.
That bullet choice looks interesting too, especially if you've got it travelling at around 3000fps.
Great stuff. Cheers, ET

Back