LVR in 358win

barthowes

Beginner
Feb 20, 2010
So I called up Hodgdon on advice from a member of another forum as I (and others) were looking for any data or advice for LVR in the 358win as Hodgdon has data for 338fed and 35rem. Unfortunately all Tech support could say is "any data we have is either posted online or found by our ballisticians to be unsatisfactory, and I don't have access to any of that data." They couldn't even tell me IF they had tried any 358, LVR, bullet combinations, as I would suspect it would work great with a 250gr bullet. hornady's manual has RL15 and BLC2 which have a similar burn rate.. Oh well I sent a friend to the "Local Cabelas" (2 hours one way) to get me some X-terminator on the advice of RAMSHOT's TECH support. I report on that in the spring. So if anyone has this powder already and is willing to experiment please PM me any findings. I'll also post up some pics of my savage weather warrior 358 build in the rifle section.It only took me 6 months :wink:

Thanks for the extra work following up on LVR.

TAC and H4895 as listed get 2430-50fps with 225gr Part & GK bullets. AA2230 was a first choice as is Xtermiator for the 358win. AA2230 did about 2330fps at listed max load. I still think that powder was at low pressure in my rifle and may have needed 1.0-2.0grs more. I was using a federal 210M match primer. A 215 mag may have worked better with that ball type powder.

Waiting to hear of your results.

May be Nosler could test LVR in the 358win with their 225gr/250gr PT's.

I run W748. It pushes 225 PTs out around 2450 and they are very accurate.

Back