Lyman Ideal C-Press

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Have been loading 6mm Remington, 30-06, and 45-70 ammo lately - all of it on the compact Lyman Brass Smith Ideal C-press. That's a big name for a little press! :grin:

I like it! The press doesn't take up much room on the loading bench, and is wide open in the front, allowing easy access to the cartridge case, ram, shell holder, etc... Until a few years ago, I didn't know how nice that could be, just having the front of a press completely open like that.

It's a real basic press, no frills. The spent primers go down inside the ram, and pop out into a little plastic bucket, nice and easy.

dxpigDnl.jpg

h1fsK4Tl.jpg

Look for a more detailed review of this press within a few weeks. Short version is, I like it! (y)

And the loads were:

6mm Remington, 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, Ramshot Hunter powder (still working on the exact charge)

30-06, 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, H4350 for about 2940 fps - zippy danged load that has done well for me in the past.

45-70, 350 grain Hornady Round Nose, IMR 3031, for about 1900 fps - should be plenty adequate for black bear.

Regards, Guy

I use that same press, I upgraded from my old Lee and I really like it too. The reason I got it was the same compact size, open front, and comparison Gavin did a while back.
Looking forward to your review

Back