M600 350 Rem Mag 180 TTSX H4895

Scotty.
You know I like anything in 35 Caliber. That is a totally cool rifle my friend.The short magazine box is what I remember with the Rem. 600 rifles. 180 TTSX bullets at that speed will flatten deer! :mrgreen: Nice shooting with the 60 grain load too. :wink:

Don

Thanks fellas. Can't wait to get out and shoot it a little more.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!

FYI SJB 358, I was put onto using Winchester 748 powder in my .350 Rem Mags, by a couple of my mates (that already owned .350's).
I have had very good accuracy from the handloads I've used with Win 748 but then, I have never tried any other powder so?

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Folks, I went out today and decided to make sure the old M600 was zeroed up with the old 2 3/4X Redfield. 60 grains of H4895 seems to shoot real well. It's read to hunt.

I too ran 748 in my 350 but it would be real hard to step away from what you already have going Scotty, that 600 is a flat out shooter.

Well, that has to be gratifying! Excellent load that will just plain work in the hands of a good rifleman. Can't see that rifle with that load not producing for you, Scotty.

Thanks fellas. It's a cool little rifle.

Not sure what I'll hunt with it just yet but it is ready... need to shoot it out at distance but it seems pretty capable for most of my hunting.

Almost makes me wanna try some 200 TTSX's in my Whelen.

She is ready to hunt.
Give the 225 gr PT a try. It's shorter oal will work well for you.

JD338

I keep pushing the 250 gr bullets for this rifle, but for some reason, he just won't go there.

Actually, I'm shooting the 200 grain TSX out of my 350 RM. All I've taken so far is a spike elk. That bullet worked pretty well. I'm not hot-rodding it, but it launches at ~2750. I'm guessing that the 180 TTSX will work just fine. I may have to take a look at that.

That's really good, load development looks to be complete. Do you have any on game results yet with the 180 gr TTSX?

Elkman":2xyw4h8h said:
I keep pushing the 250 gr bullets for this rifle, but for some reason, he just won't go there.

Nope... those 250's are reserved for the Newton. :lol:

DrMike":2xyw4h8h said:
Actually, I'm shooting the 200 grain TSX out of my 350 RM. All I've taken so far is a spike elk. That bullet worked pretty well. I'm not hot-rodding it, but it launches at ~2750. I'm guessing that the 180 TTSX will work just fine. I may have to take a look at that.

Yeah, I think I'm a little over 2800 with this 180. You'd think it should hunt pretty well as it mimics that old 30 Whelen everyone likes so much. The additional frontal area can't stink either :lol:

5shot":2xyw4h8h said:
That's a beauty.

Thank you.

JD338":2xyw4h8h said:
She is ready to hunt.
Give the 225 gr PT a try. It's shorter oal will work well for you.

JD338

I use the 225 Partition in my 358... was trying to use something different and I'm using Noslers everywhere else.

gerry":2xyw4h8h said:
That's really good, load development looks to be complete. Do you have any on game results yet with the 180 gr TTSX?

Nope, I was hoping you'd have some Gerry :lol:

No sir, but I do plan on trying the 200 gr TTSX on bear this year from my Whelen. Bear season opens April 1 but we don't see many till May, we are due for another cold snap the next few weeks so spring is going to be delayed. Maybe this year you can maybe get a deer or bear with that load of yours ;)

After quite a mild winter, our weather has suddenly turned frigid. Whatever happened to global warming, and just when I was beginning to think about planting palm trees. I should think that the 200 grain TTSX launched from the Whelen will work very well on bears, Gerry.

I have no doubt it will work great, I carried that load for moose but couldn't seal the deal. Our winter has been on average colder than normal, it alternates between below normal temperatures for long streches or above normal. Spring is coming soon though :)

gerry":1d1piy8r said:
No sir, but I do plan on trying the 200 gr TTSX on bear this year from my Whelen. Bear season opens April 1 but we don't see many till May, we are due for another cold snap the next few weeks so spring is going to be delayed. Maybe this year you can maybe get a deer or bear with that load of yours ;)

I'm hoping to try it. I need to put it into jugs and see what the deal is with it.

Back