Magpul Industries

Mortis

Handloader
Aug 3, 2012
Magpul_zpsa99a6096.jpg

If you cannot read this.... go to their Facebook site..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/magpul?fref=ts

Basically..... if Colorado passes the bill before the state house, they'll move....

Costing Colorado 600 jobs and $85 Million Dollars.

I'm pulling for Magpul. The politicians need to understand that there is a cost to their idiocy.

Roger that. And I'll add another twist I've decided. I'm going to stop doing business with companies in these states, as well. Not just gun companies, but all companies, to the degree I can do so. I'll have to be very careful about produce (Florida may be good, CA may be BAD), and unfortunately I may have to cease doing business with Doug at CLNY and also with B&H Photo in NYC, as well. It will be a shame, but there are optics houses elsewhere which will be pleased to get my business. I hate to do that to Doug and the gang, but the bottom line is, I don't want any of my money going into the tax collections there. I don't pay sales tax when I buy from them, but I do help them pay their state income and business taxes. Hardest part will be foregoing any new Weatherby rifles if CA passes the junk they're talking about passing. I'll be contacting Ed personally to pass that info along if it comes to that. Of course, not buying a new Remmy (still built in Ilion, NY) is easy enough. That was already in place before the stupid laws were passed up there.

The Police Loophole--There are some states, counties, cities, and municipalities in our great nation that fail to allow their citizens to fully exercise their right to keep and bear arms with restrictions such as magazine capacity or types of firearms that are widely available to citizens of other states, counties, cities, and municipalities. However, these government entities do not place these restrictions upon their own employees, such as police officers. Consequently, there are a growing number of companies that have publicly stated that they will not sell items to states, counties, cities or municipalities that restrict their citizens rights to own the same items. These actions are aimed at closing "The Police Loophole." A list of such companies can be found at: http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/. These companies deserve the support of the shooting public.

A few more are stepping forward, stating they will leave the State's they are in. Beretta USA being one.
And in the other post I started, many firearms and related, are not selling to LE either, in states with GC being proposed. That's got to bite, if all were to boycott the States.

Idaho will most likely have a new law soon that makes it against the law for Idaho cops to enforce federal law over the Idaho constitution and at the same time protect Idaho law enforcement from having to enforce federal law.

This is article 1 section 11 of the Idaho constitution:

Section 11. Right to keep and bear arms. The people have the right to keep and bear arms, which right shall not be abridged; but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to govern the carrying of weapons concealed on the person nor prevent passage of legislation providing minimum sentences for crimes committed while in possession of a firearm, nor prevent the passage of legislation providing penalties for the possession of firearms by a convicted felon, nor prevent the passage of any legislation punishing the use of a firearm. No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

IdahoCTD":1qjjm553 said:
Idaho will most likely have a new law soon that makes it against the law for Idaho cops to enforce federal law over the Idaho constitution and at the same time protect Idaho law enforcement from having to enforce federal law.

Section 11. Right to keep and bear arms. The people have the right to keep and bear arms, which right shall not be abridged; but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to govern the carrying of weapons concealed on the person nor prevent passage of legislation providing minimum sentences for crimes committed while in possession of a firearm, nor prevent the passage of legislation providing penalties for the possession of firearms by a convicted felon, nor prevent the passage of any legislation punishing the use of a firearm. No law shall impose licensure, registration or special taxation on the ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. Nor shall any law permit the confiscation of firearms, except those actually used in the commission of a felony.

Did you see this one???

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legisl ... SJR102.pdf

That would change the state's constitution regarding militias. It would change the definition of the composition of a militia from males 18 to 45 to read any person 18 and older. Furthermore, it eliminates verbiage requiring enrollment to "All able-bodied persons, residents of this state, between the ages of eighteen years or older, shall constitute the militia, and perform such military duty as may be required by law; but no person having conscientious scruples against bearing arms, shall be compelled to perform such duty in time of peace

I don't want to see Magpul leave CO, but if they do, ID would be more than welcoming.

meatmachineman":1yuwklaw said:
IdahoCTD":1yuwklaw said:

Did you see this one???

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legisl ... SJR102.pdf

That would change the state's constitution regarding militias. It would change the definition of the composition of a militia from males 18 to 45 to read any person 18 and older. Furthermore, it eliminates verbiage requiring enrollment to "All able-bodied persons, residents of this state, between the ages of eighteen years or older, shall constitute the militia, and perform such military duty as may be required by law; but no person having conscientious scruples against bearing arms, shall be compelled to perform such duty in time of peace

I don't want to see Magpul leave CO, but if they do, ID would be more than welcoming.

Sounds like a wise move on the part of ID.

Back