Maine Coyotes Down

Are you running the coyotes with the dogs or using them to attract the coyotes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running them
Find fresh track. Put on a fresh dog with a tracking collar.
Run coyote "breaking trail" in 3 ft of snow with dog running in his tracks (50% easyer for the dog). Track the path and see approx where the coyote will try to cross a woods road.
Run over there and try to catch him crossing the road.
If that doesnt work and he beats ya accross, wait for the dog and catch him. Put out a fresh dog......... Here is what happens when you do this.......photo0_6.jpg
The second dog will catch the now totally exhusted coyote.He will bale up and try to fight the dog.....
Of course its then time for the Indians Prayer " brother I am sorry you must die"......

E

Great job. I love running hounds for coyotes. Like you said the deep snow does the coyotes no favors. Keep stacking them up!!!

Beautiful morning here today trying to see if any around to call.Tips_for_winter_coyote_hunting.jpg
Here is the decoy n Fox Pro20170223_100151_Burst01.jpg

Any I see will most certainly need a doctor......shortly after I
Introduce myself to themphoto0_8 (1).jpg
And I mean a goooood dr.
E

Here is one today that went back to an earlyer kill! Was digging down for something when he recieved a 70gr Varmageddon. He had killed this buck out on the ice a month or more ago! Look closely and you can see the coyote right under the bucks skull! Eye for an Eye.... A fellow guide here just text this to me.photo0_10.jpg

After the storm we recieved about 15" of new snow. Conditions were great again for hunting "deer killers",
Here is one "unhappy camper" just before being read
His last rights!photo0_11.jpg

Lots badly drifted snow here now so it is making it hard for them, there will likely be more of them that will feel the "wrath" today as its perfect conditions again.IMAGE00311.jpg

I know just how that one yote feels, as I am waiting on a phone call giving me a time to see a doctor, or a priest depending on how I feel later HA

Well done Earle, you hopefully you just helped increase the deer population in your area

Not as good as it looked like it would be today, seams they may be hunkered down too! Here is one that my buddy Paul
Got today!Resized_20170316_133805.jpeg

Back