Man I'm Excited!!!!

DrMike":1t6uf5it said:
The .284 with its rebate rim is just cool.

Very cool! Have you ever heard of a Browning BLR chambered in the 284? That seems like it would really be something to have! :twisted: Scotty

Just a little update on the 284 project.

First off, thanks onesonek and DrMike for the pm's.

After a bit more deliberation (on top of the several months worth that I had already done :grin: )
and a few conversations with some knowledgeable people I called Pac Nor and specified the tight neck chamber reamer for my barrel. It is a .315" neck, so i've turned my first bag of brass to .0135 neck walls for my desired neck/chamber clearnace with my loaded rounds, which measure .310-.311.

After FL sizing the new brass and then turning necks down, I took others advice and annealed the necks since I had just worked them pretty good between sizing and turning twice. Loaded rounds are looking sexy; I can't wait to start breaking in that barrel with 'em!

I got back into the office friday after doing some spraying and found the most beautiful triangular box in the whole world sitting on my desk. Inside was my new Savage pre-fit barrel from Pac Nor. Took it up to Darrin Blagg of Blagg Rifles in Pendleton this afternoon and he installed it on my action.

Just got it all put back together!
bblstampresized.jpg

Stainless Super Match #4 finished at 24" Chief Quality Control Officer hard at work in the background :mrgreen:
284winresized.jpg

The 284 win case fed flawlessly out of my unmodified 308 win magazine.
284magresized.jpg

Headin to the range tomorrow first thing to break her in and do some load development! 162 amax's for fun and 150 partitions for second season spike. I don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congratulations! That is exciting. I'll be looking forward to hearing how the rifle performs for you.

That is pretty darn neat! YOU sound like a kid in a candy store and for good reason! Now we just need to see some pictures of your range tests!! The 150 gr. Partition would probably be just about perfect in it also. I'll be curious to see what fps they will run at out of the 24" barrel. It sure is a nice looking rifle! Did you bed it or anything?
David

Back