Measuring distance with scope

C.Smith

Handloader
Oct 11, 2006
Does anyone know if Leupold lists what they scope reticles cover at say 100 yards at certain powers? Or is this something that I have to go out and measure myself?

Corey

Call Leupold. There service techs can tell you what size "target dot" will cover how many inches at 100 yds at a given power. My 2-7 has a .007 dot that covers 2 inches at 100 yards at 4x, according to them. Easiest quickest simplest range finder for deer you'll find. A deers eye is about 2 inches. One caution the "target dot reticle has a VERY fine cross hair. Ask if they can do somthing heavier. Those fine hairs disappear. Otherwise, I put up a 14-16 inch piece of paper and see what it covers of my reticle at a given distance. When a deer fills that same space I know he's close enough. CL

Corey,

They also list the reticle sub tensions in the back of their catalog.

JD338

JD338":2bkisdw2 said:
Corey,

They also list the reticle sub tensions in the back of their catalog.

JD338

I saw that but was not sure what the meant. I take it that is how big they are in actuality and I would multiply it by the distance or something like that?

Thanks Cloverleaf I'm thinking I may just call them.

Corey

C.Smith":2hq7ydqh said:
Does anyone know if Leupold lists what they scope reticles cover at say 100 yards at certain powers? Or is this something that I have to go out and measure myself?

Corey

http://www2.leupold.com/resources/downl ... 2Jun08.pdf

...there should be an "Owner's Manual" pdf you can download off the Leupold site for your particular model, or you can do it the "Old Fashioned Way"...

P8250016.jpg

...call it a 1002 uses for duct tape...

Back