Meopta Meostar Good Scope?

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I have heard of these scopes, and i can get one locally for 499.00 the cheapest i have seen them online is 699.00, it is a 3-10x50 with 30mm tube Z-plex reticle, i have looked through it and it is very clear with great edge to edge clarity, i have tested in low light and it seems to my eyes that it performs very well when i tested at the store outside, what i want to know is if anyone has one of these and if they do how do they like them, because i am thinking about getting it and putting it on my Browning X-bolt 7mm WSM for elk hunting. Thanks

Grab it. Great price for a very fine scope. Czech built scopes of high quality, they compare favourably with other European scopes such as Kahles, Swarovski and Zeiss.

I can't speak to their scopes but I have a pair of their binoculars.
They are very clear and bright!

JD338

Thanks for the advise Dr Mike, i just called them and has them set it aside for me, i was pretty sure that it was a great deal on a great scope, but i was just wanting another opinion other than that of a salesman, and Dr Mike i want to thank you for all your help with my many ? you have been very helpful to me and i really appreciate it allot.

I don't believe you'll regret the Meostar. That is an excellent price.

dezmick,

You got yourself a good deal. Their optics are excellent!

JD338

I am a little late on this post but here are my findings on the Meopta Meostar scopes. I bean field hunt for deer in east NC. I had observed, looked through, and kept my ears open to comments from some people that bought the Meopta scopes for 3 years. I even did a side by side comparison between the 3-12X56 Meostar and my Zeiss Diavari VM/V 3-12X56 at early morning to late evening even up to past legal shooting light and I could tell no difference between them. Now that is saying a whole lot about glass quality. The fellows that I know that have the Meopta scopes have had not one single problem with them. I got a new custom Rem 700 with a 27 3/4" Shilen barrel in 264 Win mag and decided to get a 3-12X56 Meopta Meostar two years ago. I love that scope especially the part that it is less than half the price of a Zeiss and every bit the quality. You will not regret the purchase of a Meopta Meostar. By the way if you get one with a 56mm objective you need super high rings if you use Leupold bases. Bearbasin.com has really good prices.

Back