Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, but no shooting here. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 21 and 20 mph gusts. That's warmed up, yesterday was a high of 11 with 30 mph gusts. Friday night/Saturday morning it was below zero with 40-50 mph gusts. A bit nippy out there on a bald head. Ha. But no complaints.

Merry Christmas to everyone, Have a 'GREAT' day. It's 33 degrees here in East central Florida. Very cloudy and maybe a hint of snow. (only the 4th time in a little over 30 years)

Sunday proved to be good hunting weather as winds finally died down but still cold. Got a doe early morning and another in afternoon as they were coming out in packs after two days of heavy winds. Was first chance to test my 30/06 170 grain Norma Tipstrikes, they work well as both dropped within eyesight with two heart shots and blood trail if needed. They are like a Nosler Ballistic tip with rapid expansion and do a number so watch your shot. The ribs looked like they were hit with a sledgehammer I would not want to hit a shoulder as all the meat would be gone.

Excellent! Congratulations on taking some fine animals that will no doubt provide great table fare.

Sunday proved to be good hunting weather as winds finally died down but still cold. Got a doe early morning and another in afternoon as they were coming out in packs after two days of heavy winds. Was first chance to test my 30/06 170 grain Norma Tipstrikes, they work well as both dropped within eyesight with two heart shots and blood trail if needed. They are like a Nosler Ballistic tip with rapid expansion and do a number so watch your shot. The ribs looked like they were hit with a sledgehammer I would not want to hit a shoulder as all the meat would be gone.
Nice!!!!
Where did this happen?

Merry Christmas to everyone, Have a 'GREAT' day. It's 33 degrees here in East central Florida. Very cloudy and maybe a hint of snow. (only the 4th time in a little over 30 years)
I lived in Fla for one year. It was in a small town outside Jacksonville.
Macclenny to be exact.
Interesting little town to say the least as they claimed to be the red neck capital of America and a moonshine capital...

I can't confirm that but I can't disprove that either.
When I was there you could easily say those claims could've been true.
Anyways having come from Western PA that particular year I didn't need more than a t-shirt. Ever.
Even a chilly morning would turn into 60-70 degrees by lunch time.

I lived in Fla for one year. It was in a small town outside Jacksonville.
Macclenny to be exact.
Interesting little town to say the least as they claimed to be the red neck capital of America and a moonshine capital...

I can't confirm that but I can't disprove that either.
When I was there you could easily say those claims could've been true.
Anyways having come from Western PA that particular year I didn't need more than a t-shirt. Ever.
Even a chilly morning would turn into 60-70 degrees by lunch time.
I grew up outside Daytona Beach from the age 11-19. I was on a NASCAR ARCA car pit crew for a few years. We would get the chassis for our stock cars from Snow Brothers Racing in Maclenny. You were up next to Lake City.

Nice!!!!
Where did this happen?
Bentley MI small town between Standish and Gladwin. A mix of farmland and forest area just a few miles away a good sized national forest for hunters needing some public hunting. Good deer numbers in the area but we don't have the big bucks like the thumb or southern parts of Michigan but I have gotten some cool things on camera like bobcats and I may even have a resident badger hanging around. Never seen a bear yet but they are supposed to be around. A lot of turkey I once had close to a 100 on camera one year in my food plot.

Back