Met My Neighbor

Great picture of the Blue Bird. We have theme here as well. They sure are a beautiful bird.
We planted an acre of native wild flowers and grasses around the house last fall creating excellent habitat for the Blue Birds so we should have more in the future.

JD338

Thanks for sharing. Great picture. Here's some tips to keep them around all year.
Years ago I put up a bird house hoping to draw some in and managed to get a nesting pair to take up residence. I feed my birds throughout the winter to keep them healthy and well feed. when spring arrives and the natural food change begins I start to ween the birds off the feeders.
I lost count of the different offsprings they have hatched out in the house I put up and they stay around all year.
I made a special feeder out of an old walnut tree limb to hold a mixture of crunchy peanut butter and a mixture of bird seeds. All the birds loved it and I would have to fill it daily since they would clear out the holes I drilled in the piece of limb.
after a snowstorm I counted 15 blue birds on the feeder at one time. I think I had everyone in the area on that feeder. The area woodpeckers love it also and will bypass the suite feeder to get to it.

Back