MILK JUGS & 6MM 90 GR. E-TIP

nodak7mm":gqf95zlj said:
Keep it up!! Soon we will have the Northern Plains free of the nasty milk jug...

Rod
Rod - I was hoping I could convince you to join me in some milk jug shooting next weekend in DL :roll: !

257 Ackley":3kuf09hi said:
nodak7mm":3kuf09hi said:
Keep it up!! Soon we will have the Northern Plains free of the nasty milk jug...

Rod
Rod - I was hoping I could convince you to join me in some milk jug shooting next weekend in DL :roll: !

I am looking forward to this test Joel... Scotty

257 Ackley":2i13mdvg said:
nodak7mm":2i13mdvg said:

Rod
Got MILK? I bet you can convince old Mr. Nodak into it. He needs the practice anyway for his big shoot coming up not too far down the road. We need to encourage him, keep his spirits up! :lol:

wingnut":3qqvjqie said:
6mm Remington":3qqvjqie said:
velvetant":3qqvjqie said:
Too bad I could not get them to shoot in my 243.
Great test.
Why is there a decimal in your velocity readings?

Randy

Not sure. I hope it doesn't mean there was an error and the velocity reading was not correct. Even if it was off at least I found the bullet so that is what is most important as we all know the velocity is reduced and that was more what I was concerned about and that it still mushroomed nicely. I might have to just shoot through it again at 300 yards to try and get the fps again to confirm.

I think you have the chrono set for meters per second. Converting from meters to feet will give you about 3240 fps. Check your chrono settings.

He said, "
might have to just shoot through it again at 300 yards to try and get the fps again to confirm."

His chronograph was set for FPS, not MPS. The chronograph was set up at 300 yards. :shock: OOPS! :lol:
Paul B.

His chronograph was set for FPS, not MPS. The chronograph was set up at 300 yards. :shock: OOPS! :lol:
Paul B.[/quote]

Paul the decimal point would appear "after" I would take photo's with my digital camera. It was the weirdest thing and I have no idea why it does that. I confirmed that by pulling up another fps reading and then taking a picture, and after I took it a decimal point would immediately appear. I of knew the velocity's were going to be lower because of the distance being 300 yards and thought the 2487 fps reading was about right according to what the Nosler book quoted with approximately the same BC as the bullet I was shooting. Maybe you or one of the other computer wizards can tell my why taking a picture of my chrono screen with a digital camera would cause a decimal to appear in the location where it would appear if there was an error in the chrono reading? Anyone else have this happen "after" they take a picture of their screen. Someone try and see if your chrono does it to you. Thanks.
David

That would might give me a hunting option in my 6mmAI XP, if I decided the need or want
Be interesting to see how it shoots out of the 1-7.5" twist.

onesonek":is6b79vc said:
That would might give me a hunting option in my 6mmAI XP, if I decided the need or want
Be interesting to see how it shoots out of the 1-7.5" twist.

Davd I was wondering if you tried those 90 gr. E-tips in your 6mm AI? They are long little buggers so maybe they will work pretty good in it. Just curious as we haven't heard any reports back, or shooting of game with them from you.
David

6mm Remington":2n53p864 said:
Paul B.

Paul the decimal point would appear "after" I would take photo's with my digital camera. It was the weirdest thing and I have no idea why it does that. I confirmed that by pulling up another fps reading and then taking a picture, and after I took it a decimal point would immediately appear. I of knew the velocity's were going to be lower because of the distance being 300 yards and thought the 2487 fps reading was about right according to what the Nosler book quoted with approximately the same BC as the bullet I was shooting. Maybe you or one of the other computer wizards can tell my why taking a picture of my chrono screen with a digital camera would cause a decimal to appear in the location where it would appear if there was an error in the chrono reading? Anyone else have this happen "after" they take a picture of their screen. Someone try and see if your chrono does it to you. Thanks.
David[/quote]

I wonder if the screens were picking up the flash and registering somthing

Corey.

Corey it was a digital camera and it was a nice bright day and I don't believe the flash went off on any of the photo's. Maybe next time one of you guys is out, try it on your chronographs and see if you get a dot for an error after photographing the chronograph screen.

Very neat test, David. Thanks for sharing. You are braver than me, shooting through a chrono at 300 yds.

I'm pretty sure it was your camera flash causing the chrono to indicate an error. The flash definitely went off on the first photo - you can see the camera, flash, and hands holding the camera in the reflection of the readout screen.

FOTIS":15fhpo5c said:
Is 400 yards next? :shock:

Maybe this spring Fotis, but I don't think I'll shoot "through" the chronograph on that one! I know my fps at the muzzle, and the reading at 300 yards was just what the Nosler book said that it should be, so I'll just go with the impact fps that they say it will be and that should be close enough.

I might also have to find a larger jug of some type to fill with water as it was hard enough to keep everything lined up at 300 yards let alone adding more distance, but it would be fun. I guess I could just do a reduced load at 50 or 100 yards, but what fun would that be! :grin:
David

Back