Minox-awesome customer service

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I know a lot of fans of Minox on here so I will post this report.

From another site.

I don't think I've ever posted on this site before, but have referenced it often for the optics forum - due to the seemingly rabid obsession with glass on this site.

Just thought I'd give Minox a huge 2 thumbs up on warranty/customer service. Without going into too much detail, they went above and beyond even the no fault warranty for me recently and had me back in business in less than a week. Pretty impressive considering the fact I live in northern British Columbia and their facility is in New Hampshire.

That is good to know! Maybe the poster was from my neck of the woods. I hope I don't need to use their warranty service, but should that be necessary, it is good to know. I've only had to use Leupold and Zeiss in the past decade. Either was satisfactory, though Zeiss service was free whereas Leupold charged for the service. Since it resulted from a scope dropping on a rock and being out of round, I didn't complain too much. B&L did little to resolve a nagging issue (admittedly minor) on a 3200 many years ago, and Kahles instructed me how to glue an eye ring back on, which I was more than willing to do since I didn't want to ship the scope to Austria. Any scope can have problems, and it is always comforting to know that the manufacturer honours their commitment to service. Good on Minox.

DrMike":16jctw4m said:
That is good to know! Maybe the poster was from my neck of the woods.

He was.......

He is from Prince George, we have met before and have mutual friends. Of course there are only 8 hunters in all of B.C. and we all know each other :lol: :p

gerry":3838bidd said:
He is from Prince George, we have met before and have mutual friends. Of course there are only 8 hunters in all of B.C. and we all know each other :lol: :p

Funny, I only know six. There are more? :mrgreen:

Interesting that northern BC would only have 8 hunters so wonder your success rate is so high :mrgreen:
PS. it is good to hear about the customer service from Minox as there seems to be a lot of people starting to get excited about their glass.

Well I know that is not true there has to be at least 25.

Blessings,
Dan

That is good info. I was very happy with their service as well. Should have it mounted up on something else pretty soon.

Back