Model 48 300 WSM

nickshultz

Beginner
Apr 3, 2008
Here is my new favorite rifle. I have been to the range and amazed by the accuracy. I still need to shoot it more to get the most out of the extreme accuracy it offers. I have to commend Nosler on their wonderful promptness and customer service I experienced when purchasing this rifle from them. Keep up the great work!!!

NOSLER48PICS002.jpg

NOSLER48PICS004-1.jpg
[/img]

Nick,

That is a very nice looking rig, and the Swarovski scope does not hurt either!

What loads are you shooting, and what do the groups look like?...thanks...jim

And welcome to the List!

Hunter Jim,

So far, I have only shot Nosler loaded 180 grain Accubonds and they group at 1/2" at 100 yards. I also will admit that I know the gun is much more capable than I am at this point. I do not have much experience bench shooting. I hope to find a 150 grain bullet that the rifle likes. I plan on having Superior Ammo make a sample pack to see what groups nice.

That should work. I had them do loads for two rifles I was not set up for (.416 Rem Mag and .348 Win). Their test stuff shot well.

jim

nickshultz

Welcome to the forum, glad you are here.

Your M48 300 WSM is one lovely looking rifle. .5 MOA out of the box is excellent accuracy. Keep us posted on your range results with the 150's.

JD338

Beautiful rifle, I thought the same thing when I saw it go out the door. :grin:

Thanks guys! Hey JusMo, I was totally impressed with the customer service you guys offer....oh and you have a great product too. :grin: Thanks!

nickshultz":qus159nv said:
Thanks guys! Hey JusMo, I was totally impressed with the customer service you guys offer....oh and you have a great product too. :grin: Thanks!

Everyone here really takes pride in their work and we all love what we do. Thank you very much for the compliment and we are extremely pleased you have a new favorite rifle. :grin:

Awesome, I'm just getting caught up regarding forum posts and I do find the M48 appealing.

I have questions regarding the scope mount. Did Nosler provide them at an additional cost because I noticed they matched the coating on the rest of the action? Also, what kind a where did you purchase?

Thanks,

Rob

Nosler hit a home run chambering the M48 in 300 WSM. Nickshultz, you did well in choosing that rifle. I'm not surprised that the Nosler ammo shoots well in your rifle. I'll be interested in seeing how the 150s do for you.

can't wait till mine comes in december 2010, ordered her in 300wsm, nosler custom sporter, what a rifle ,regards Marc :grin:

I love this rifle...going to have to quit coming on here and looking at the various rifles because my pocketbook is NOT going to stand for it! But it does one good to see such a beautiful gun that shoots so well to boot! You definately have your own One of One Thousand there!

Back