300 H&H Ruger Number One...

I have the same problem x2.
Stopped by Weatherby and someone "needs" a new rifle. She's torn between a 6.5 Wby RPM or another 280 AI.
I've created a monster.

JD338
That’s an easy problem , get both😁.
See that’s what happened when you stopped in at Weatherby. Too much eye candy to look at.

I have the same problem x2.
Stopped by Weatherby and someone "needs" a new rifle. She's torn between a 6.5 Wby RPM or another 280 AI.
I've created a monster.

JD338
Now that’s funny! I’ve got the opposite problem. I try to tell the wife that maybe we should get her something a little bigger than her 257 Roberts for elk, but she isn’t having it. She’s quick to remind me that I explained to her when we got it that it “would suffice for elk and be perfect for deer.” Famous last quote, I suppose.
V/R,
Joe

Now that’s funny! I’ve got the opposite problem. I try to tell the wife that maybe we should get her something a little bigger than her 257 Roberts for elk, but she isn’t having it. She’s quick to remind me that I explained to her when we got it that it “would suffice for elk and be perfect for deer.” Famous last quote, I suppose.
V/R,
Joe
I never told my wife that. Instead I said "Guns are like golf. You can't play the game with one club".
I also told her for good optics, "Buy once and cry once ".
My buddy came over a few weeks ago with his new Marlin Patriot 7mm PRC and VX-5HD 3-15x44mm. He said he payed 2x more for the scope than the rifle. Sue said " You can't shoot them if you can't see them".
I just smiled and thought the training has paid off!

JD338

Awesome picture of you Guy!
Congrats on the nice mule deer!

JD338
Thanks. That was one of my favorite stalks. All on my own, creeping forward on a steep sidehill... Shot was only about 150 yards or so, but it was the first time I could get a clean shot at his body. I was in kind of a strange half-sitting position braced against the sidehill. Put the shot a bit far back, but still in the lungs. Instant drop.

Dang I love a good stalk & shot!

Guy

I've got it. It shoots great. I haven't shot it in a while and haven't taken any new photos of it. Planning on using it for some of my hunting this season.

Guy
That’s an amazing rifle. I hope you send me a message should you get weak and want it out of your sight.

Back