Model 70 Super Grade in .280 / Midway 1 in 500

RiverRider

Handloader
Dec 9, 2008
WTS NEED to sell - Model 70 Super Grade Midway edition, 1 of 500.

I've come to at a point in my life that I need to start downsizing and offload many items I have accumulated over the years. This one rifle is the most difficult for me to relinquish, so I am starting with this one...I figure if I can let this one go it'll be easy from here on out.

This rifle was hunted one time in 2017, successfully taking a white tail buck. I handload and did some experimentation with the rifle during the time I've owned it and it has approximately 375 rounds down the tube (I had stored away the walnut stock and was using a B&C Medalist..the only bullet I ever tried was a 150-grain Partition and accuracy was fine). If the previous owner ever fired it I don't think he even put a whole box of ammo through it. Condition is outstanding. The original bedding is unmolested (I think they took special care to do a nicer job on the Super Grades). The only signs of use are evidence of a mount having lived on the rear bridge and a very tiny sliver missing just to the rear of the bolt handle cutout on the stock (both visible in a single photo below). The blemishes are very minor and hardly noticeable IMO. Otherwise, any evidence of use would be the usual internal signs lke fouling and brass deposited on the face of the bolt. I'm not sure how to rate condition per the book, but I'd call it 98%.

$1950 $1850 plus shipping & insurance. Payment by money order, check, or Zelle if you are comfortable with it. Paypal is OUT as a matter of my own policy. You need to use an FFL who accepts firearms from individuals.

IF you happen to be in the North Texas area, a FTF cash transaction is certainly possible.

Sorry, no swaps.

These photos were taken recently.

oQyY4cL.jpg

eb7pLNX.jpg

g5tGJbx.jpg

kCk677F.jpg

faZXpFh.jpg

7gHIgQP.jpg

PDVcp1d.jpg

wSYnthM.jpg

6DueaJl.jpg

Last edited:
Price needs to be reduced, so let's go with $1850 plus shipping & insurance.

Last edited:
Got a deal pending, and I think this one will work out.

***SPF***

Last edited:
Back