More Creedmoor

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Back to the range today.
First up was the second load with Hornady 129 SSTs 1.125 X 3with a cold barrel
2nd was a 143 Hornady ELD-X .875 X 3 with warm barrel.

So far this rifle has put several loads at 1" or below which in all likely could be improved with a better shooter pulling the trigger. These are all 1st try loads with no attempt at tweaking.
Not bad for a rifle/scope package for $540.

I am thinking about getting the same in 7mm-08 as they are selling that package for under $500
3529a464517cd6869b0e1d92cb8d7b3a.jpg
72b61129ef022443df8ca599e382dfe0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very gratifying. It certainly appears to be a shooter. The price is great.

I have rifles that cost more where it is a challenge for me to get to shoot this well.
I know it's not bench rest quality but it has handled several different bullets and loads well enough for a 2-300 yard hunting rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shooting Alderman. I can't wait to get my 6.5 Creedmoor from GA Precision,,,,6 more months. :shock:

TackDriver
I bought this mainly because my two Grandsons have gotten the same combo recently and I want work up some loads for them.
I'll bet that new rifle will be worth the wait.
Will be looking forward to a report when you start shooting with it.
This Savage is nothing fancy but if somebody was looking to get into a hunting rifle on the cheap it looks like this would work.
Also keep in mind the shooter here isn't the best so I am quite happy with a 1" group whereas somebody else may be disappointed. It doesn't seem to be too picky.

Alderman":187wdjah said:
TackDriver
I bought this mainly because my two Grandsons have gotten the same combo recently and I want work up some loads for them.
I'll bet that new rifle will be worth the wait.
Will be looking forward to a report when you start shooting with it.
This Savage is nothing fancy but if somebody was looking to get into a hunting rifle on the cheap it looks like this would work.
Also keep in mind the shooter here isn't the best so I am quite happy with a 1" group whereas somebody else may be disappointed. It doesn't seem to be too picky.

I have seen some recent pictures of your two grandsons shooting, its priceless that a grandpa teaching the grandsons the lessons of shooting. It's how I learned when I was 12 years old from my gramps. I agree that they can start off with cheaper rifles and basic things until they get hands on experience and get the more top end rifles / scopes later on in life. Savage is a great rifle, I have never shot those types, but I hear good things about them.

Back