Mossberg 4x4 25-06

hotdog

Beginner
May 25, 2009
I just bought a new Mossberg 4x4 25-06. Does anyone own one,and how do you like it?
I thought it would be a good gun to carry in my truck and on my 4 wheeler to pop coyotes with.I'm going to try some 100 or 115 grain BT in it.

I've shot a couple in 30-06 and 243. They shot acceptably. I would imagine they are a good bargain at the street price.

If it shoots as good as it looks I will be happy.It already has the barrel free floated and has the Lightning trigger that is adjustable down to 2lbs. About the only thing I didn't like was the plastic detachable magazine.

Here are some pic's of the gun I bought.

100_0346.jpg

100_0348.jpg

100_0349.jpg

Hey, I like it! Nice looking rifle.

If you don't care about saving the hides (at least in this part of the
woods, they're not much good now, anyway) ya might give the Nosler
85gr BTBT's a try. Using RL17 they are the most accurate of any I've
tried in my Mod 112 Savage VLP @ 5/16". :)

DannoBoone":2x8ivc18 said:
Hey, I like it! Nice looking rifle.

If you don't care about saving the hides (at least in this part of the
woods, they're not much good now, anyway) ya might give the Nosler
85gr BTBT's a try. Using RL17 they are the most accurate of any I've
tried in my Mod 112 Savage VLP @ 5/16". :)

I think I'm going to go with the 100 gr.Bt. I don't care about hides,and if I decided to bring it out in deer season I think the 100gr bt would do the job.I've got a few powders to try, Varget-IMR 4350-Ramshot Big Game-Retumbo,and RL22 so I hope I can find something in likes.

You might try the 110gr AccuBond if you're looking for a double duty round for yotes and deer. The 100gr BT may be enough, but it will depend on what muzzle velocities you're able to achieve.

I will say that's the best looking Mossberg ATR rifle I've seen yet. Most of them I've looked at have been not so pretty.

Back