Mounts on a XCR II 300 RUM

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
I just purchased a M700 XCR II and the previous owner left this base on it. I was going to use a set of Burris Signature rings, but was wondering if I should change it out for something different? Scope is a Weaver Super Slam 3-15x42 EBX.

bb2b3dd4-4d59-4bc1-abae-8888272ab0cd_zps68818951.jpg

Burris sells signature rings for use with a weaver style base . I'd say it depends if you like the looks .

It's going to depend on your use. I put dual dovetail mounts on mine for strength. I'm thinking of going with a 20degree long range on two RUMs . One is a leupold one piece and the other a weaver like yours but again with 20 degree long range. I like to zero at 300 yds so I can use my BDC reticle out to 900 yds. and I bottom out my scope adjustments without the 20 degree mounts. I found that a scope with 20 to 24 power does miracles for accuracy at long range. I use Nosler 180 gr accubonds at 3333 fps for my 300 RUM and it keeps the trajectory to about 3" or so out to the 300 yd zero. Minute of mule deer and half minute of elk. I'm slowly doing the same for my 7mm RUM and 338 RUM. If the wind's not blowing 700 yds is not difficult from a solid rest and you have the energy to cleanly take an elk at that range.
I'm sure you'll find what works best for you. I've been working on these for about 15 years and I'm still adjusting things.

Greg, I sure like the way you think :wink:. 700 yards is a snap for the 300 RUM or the ##*RUM. We have a couple of the young guys shooting with the 180gr and they are absolute lasers!!!

Blessings,
Dan

I have that style mount on my XCR 11 H&H too - its alows a short bodied scope to be mounted and also to help get the righ eye relief too ! Keep IT ! And a H&H with a full house load and Accubonds is a 600-700 yarder too ! - :grin:

Cheers RJ

Thanks RJ. I will try the Burris Signature rings and see how it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back