My 2 new "Bees"!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Got my 378 Bee and I am waiting delivery on my 257 Bee.

Both MKV the 378 Japan made...like I like them. Surprised that is came with all paperwork and the original target shot in Japan. The 257 was a plain synthetic and was professionally duracoated.
Can not wait to get started. My aim is 110 AccuBond at 3400-3500 and 260 AB at 3100-3200.

wm_2034381.jpg

wm_2034379.jpg

wm_2034378.jpg

wm_2034377.jpg

257B.jpg

257.jpg

Those are some sharp rifles. I really like that 257WBY. Very nice looking rifle. Although, that 378 looks like a beast also. Can't imagine anything taking a bullet that size and walking away from it! Scotty

Fotis,

Those are a couple of attractive rifles. It will be interesting to hear how the 257 works out. I'm pulling for you to succeed with the 110 grain AB in that rifle. The 378 is a powerhouse that will handle any task you assign to it. I can't wait to see the first pictures of speed goats taken with that 260 grain AB! :shock:

You know doc this is what is killing me. I have had so many 378's! I can not count them. I know more about that chambering than any other.

NOT ONE OF THEM shot the 260 AB accurately!!! NOT ONE!!!!

I was forced to go the Barnes or other routes. Unfortunately they do not make a high BC 375 bullet other than the AB's sans the GS custom HV's and I dread the cost....but if I have to......... :cry: :cry:

Now the 375 HH and rums? No problem shooting the AB's I do not know why. I am praying this one will like it

You are correct that some rifles just won't shoot the AB. I don't know all the reasons for this, but there are rifles that I a compelled to use TSX and in one case with a 270 WSM I was able only to get a 130 grain Scirocco to shoot--but it did shoot very well indeed! Nevertheless, I'm pulling for you to make it work this time.

I have noted that you had some success with the GS Custom bullets. I have some, but I haven't been able to bring myself to use them on anything yet.

Pop,

A couple of dandy's for sure!

Looking forward to the range reports.

JD338

Thanks Jim.

Doc I ever ever had a gun not shoot the GS HV's

Really nice pop. Those will go well with the rest of your collection. Those 257's are really sweet. :grin: :grin:

I have trimed it down to 4 guns for big game.

Light rifle 7mm FS kevlar stock 7mm mag
Sendero II 300 rum--- heavy

and the 2 bees.

That 378 has me drooling all over my keyboard. I am contemplating either another deluxe or lazermark in 270 bee. I like the carving on the lasermark, but am wondering if it might get a little hard on the paws after holding it all day. Enjoy your new toys.

Pop-
Nice to see you playin around with a .25! Careful you might get hooked. A 250-Savage might be ONE rifle you dont own yet! :) Course with the collection youve got....... Nice Rifles, even if they are JAPs. Have fun!! CL

The japs are always better in my experience!

Pop, do you have the "black widow" long range custom rifle still? I remember seeing pictures of it a while ago.

Nope sold it. Never fired it. Did not do it 4 me.... Crazy Greek U know!

1184818699572.gif

Hey, no slam on the Jap Weatherbys. Im sure they are nice. Since the fire I'd be happy if I had time to shoot a sling shot. All my rifles are at a friends and the ammo is packed away in storage. Gonna be a LONG few months. Id take a .25 cal Jap weatherby in a heat beat. or a slingshot.... :wink: CL

It always nice to have pretty new toys. Glad you are settled in with what you were looking for. Its always a crap shoot to sell guns and buy others. They are great

That is a really beautiful .378 Bee stock. The .257 Bee is really nice too. Reaaly nice rifles both!

Fotis,

OT is absolutely correct. The wood on that 378 is especially attractive. It has real character.

Back