MY FIRST ANTELOPE!!!

GermanShorthair

Beginner
Jan 1, 2008
Me and a buddy went out on a private 6,000 acre rach in Gillette,Wy the second week of October.With 15" of snow on the ground the hunting was hard the first day but we managed to get two nice bucks and two doe's.I was hunting with a Remington 700 BDL Boone & Crockett chambered in 270WSM with a 26" fluted barrel :grin:
I used reloads with....WIN brass.....FED215 primers....63.5GN RE-19...and 130GN Accubonds :grin:
Good ole double lung shot about 152 yards away.He ran 40 yards and dropped!The accubonds did great with a 2" exit hole.
I reloaded my buddy 140GN Accubonds and they were explosive!He shot his buck in the neck at 100 yards and what i can't figure out is ther was an 3-1/2" entrance hole with no exit hole.....I have never seen an animal bleed so much!
Nosler's Rock :!:

www.flickr.com/photos/14803513@N06/2961603291/.com

Sorry for the web adress...If you copy and paste it in the toolbar it will route you the right direction...click on "Berettaman's Photostream" to view all pictures :grin:

Nice Speed Goat, congratulations to the both of you.

JD338

Great deal man! Is your rifle a special run?

2961603325_d764eb7b7f_b.jpg

2961808124_4d0af8e022_b.jpg

Hey! You got one! Nice Goat! What did he measure? Looks nice and thick through the cutters. Addicting isnt it! Congrats!! CL

POP....First thanks for posting my picks for me :grin: For some reason i haven't figured out how to do it like that yet.I haven't tried to score my buck yet and yes...my rifle is a special run.With it being a Boone & Crockett special run it matches my B&C Leupold to a tee :) If you don't mind please send me a message telling me what i am doing wrong with posting pictures.My host site is flickr.

Cloverleaf.....Yes,it is addicting and it makes me want to go after a big muley now.Its either a muley or a carribou next.All i know is the length of my buck.He was 13-5/8" tall and had around an inch of bright ivory on the tips :grin:

Thanks POP! You would think it would have came a little easier to me being i am a manufacturing engineer and write CNC programs and use software on a daily basis.I just thought it would be easier to ask instead of researching it for who knows how long i would have overlooked what i was doing wrong :)

That's a fine pronghorn. I think I have his twin brother hanging on my wall. My bucks horns are a tad shorter but his face and neck size look exactly like yours. Congratulations. Don't feel bad about the picture posting. I'm a NC programmer also and I played with it for about an hour before I got it right.

Shorthair- that is a pretty buck. Real nce size too. Ive shot one with longer horns but he dosent have the classic heart shape that yours does and no ivory. Again,,,very nice.

Back