My first Marlin

Rigbymauser

Handloader
Nov 3, 2012
Many years(1983) ago I started with a M94 in .30-30. Later I sold that one and got two Pre WW 1 M1894s in .30-30(which I later sold also).

Never owned a Marlin rifle before and sort wanted to back to the ol´.30-30 I thought I could swat two flies in one smack...

The Marlin below is fra Sweden which I must import. Nice gun which in USD costed me about $900. Not bad really.

The Winchester 1895 musket cost about $2300. They are rare in this condition.

NowmeaMarlinman :mrgreen:

Oh, yeah, I do love the lever guns, and especially the older iterations!

Whitesheep":3d9ab9oh said:
It will not be your last.

Yep bet it won´t...

I would like to have a .444 and an original 1895 in .45/70. The .338 Marlin Express also bugs the mind a few times.

Rigbymauser":30gbdk81 said:
Whitesheep":30gbdk81 said:
It will not be your last.

Yep bet it won´t...

I would like to have a .444 and an original 1895 in .45/70. The .338 Marlin Express also bugs the mind a few times.

and if you like the lever rifle dont stop with Marlin. I do like the marlin, as well as the winchester 94, 71, 88, the savage 99, the new Browning BLR;s are also pretty sweet.

A's husband Jerry collects lever action rifles and has some old Winchester's Marlin's, Savage's as well as henry and spencer. Nice collection. when they moved to Argentina he ask a friend to care for the collection for him, unfortunately I was not that friend.

The one you just added to your collection Rigbymauser is a very nice one, congratulations on the purchase and good luck on finding the others you want

SJB358":2zmfwx3j said:
Cool lever gun RM.. I like the never guns myself.

I lived with "never" guns for many years. :grin: Then, my first big game rifle of my own was a Model 94. I confess that I do like "lever" guns.

Sorry buddy. I was spent from wrapping and was reading a little last night. Looks like my thumbs got the best of me. :grin:

I knew, but I just had to pull your leg. It goes with the distorted sense of humour, Scotty. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

DrMike":1ol0u1s2 said:
I knew, but I just had to pull your leg. It goes with the distorted sense of humour, Scotty. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
Hmmmm it goes with the distorted sense of Humour (humor) :lol:

Back