My Jeep's Tenth Birthday!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
6c7rrZJl.jpg

Liked it when I bought it brand new 10 years ago, and I still like it! Oh, the adventures it's taken me on... Trips for hunting, fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, photography, camping. Based here on the dry side of the Cascade mountains in Washington, it's taken me on so very many local trips and also to:

Fairbanks Alaska, where I flew out to the Brooks Range above the arctic circle for a nine-day grizzly hunt:
40rJdsAl.jpg

Of course to get there it took me through British Columbia and the Yukon. What a trip!
ZX84TDHl.jpg

Idaho:
EY3zY2Tl.jpg

Montana:
OkOBGsTl.jpg

1bb9WNrl.jpg

Wyoming:
Poo3Kxwl.jpg

Oregon:
WIHzrThl.jpg

Utah, yes my itty bitty Jeep and trailer are across the canyon from me:
FrwYDPcl.jpg

p0ggTuul.jpg

Nevada:
DU6q5Cnl.jpg

Arizona:
LAjTn56l.jpg

yClGqutl.jpg

California:
iyODATLl.jpg

Here in Washington:
hsEWwLTl.jpg

wIfeLrJl.jpg

QR2DsfFl.jpg

FZgW5avl.jpg

KLabHazl.jpg

jqX0JM2l.jpg

The little Jeep was a base model, manual transmission, peppy 3.6 V6, manual roll-up windows etc.

Though it looks close to stock, it's had a lot of changes and additions over the years that have been a lot of fun, and have made it more capable:

4.10 gears and air lockers in the front & rear differentials
Underhood air compressor for those diffs and also the tires
custom front and rear driveshafts
2.5" Teraflex springs with Fox shocks
A couple of different sets of tires and wheels, I'm back to the stock 17" aluminum rims and 33x10.50 Coopers
Steel front & rear bumpers and rock-rails
10,000 pound Engo winch, which looks pretty beat up now, but still works great
Aux Vision X lights, just small ones

Picked up a used Jackwagon Basecamp trailer for it years ago. Built for off-pavement use it's got about 17" of ground clearance and can haul a thousand pounds of cargo, more than I've ever asked of it. It often totes my kayak or sometimes supplies for an extended backcountry trip.

10 years, 120,000 miles and a lot of fun. Am still so pleased with this little Wrangler.

Guy

Happy Birthday Mr Wrangler and wishing you many more. It sure has been a dependable vehicle Guy!

JD338

Jeeps are still the Ultimate Off Road vehicle IMHO. They also have a lot of aftermarket support. Very nice Pictures Guy and yes some great looking Country you have traveled. Only thing that steered me away was interior space.

Thats great Guy, Ive been looking at used jeeps lately for a couple growing girls. I may end up with one in the driveway one of these days, but wow the car market is just as crazy as guns and ammo these days.

Happy birthday Jeep! I sure miss my 1985 CJ-7. Wish I still had it. The Cooper tires sure are great. I love them. I'm running ST Maxx Coopers on my pickup right now and could not be happier. What kid of highway mileage do you get with it guy. Mine had the 5 speed manual with the in-line 6. It would get 18-20 on the Interstate.

Back