My version of a left hand 284 Winchester

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
It just has a little fatter cartridge.

Ever since I learned of the 284 Winchester I thought it was a neat cartridge - short action and 270 Win. performance. I never found a left-handed M70 in a short action that wasn't a WSM. When I found this 7mm WSM in the Classic Sporter III version, I conferred with Scotty and Jim to see what they thought. I am glad I talked them into supporting the decision. My gunsmith had an old blue bag of Winchester brass and I even found some ammo at a LGS.

Since I already have a 7mm RM tuned for 160 AB bullets, my plan is to use this as a deer and antelope rifle with 150 gr. BT bullets (or maybe 140 gr. AB's).

DSCN1812.JPG

DSCN1814.JPG

This is my first/sighting-in target. Shots 4,5, & 6 represent the first group at 100 yards with Winchester factory 150 gr. Power Point bullets.

DSCN1818.JPG

Looks like a winner to me Dan.

Man, that is a sharp rifle as well!. You done well!

Dan,
She is a real beauty and it's a shooter.
Glad you decided to go with it.

JD338

When the short mags came out, I thought the 7mmwsm would be a big hit but not so much. That's a good-looking rifle and the group with factory I would take it hunting. Should give you good service. Dan.

She's a dandy, for sure! Great cartridge, and apparently you have a shooter on your hands. Congratulations on the rifle. I do like the WSM's. I have a 270 and 325, a Tikka and Savage, respectively. Both hold a special place with me.

Back