Too Tall

Handloader
Jul 5, 2011
SmithandWesson127.jpg

SmithandWesson128.jpg

SmithandWesson129.jpg

SmithandWesson130.jpg

SmithandWesson131.jpg

The first 3 are Airlights, the first on is a .22 in a 317 model.
The second one is a .357 in a 360.
The third one is a .44 Mag in a 329.
The forth one is a .44 Mag in a 629 Classic Deluxe.
The fifth one is a .44 Mag in an original model 29, with a recessed cylinder and fireing pin on the hammer.
The 329, 360 and the 317, all have Hi-vis sights. The 360 is my full time carry. The 629 has taken a varity of game, and dispatched several domestic animals. The 29 has rang the 300 yard gong, on several cold bore shots. Several Fool Hens ended their strutting, in front of the 317. I used to have a 29 with a 4" barrel. But I had a horse fall throught the ice several years ago, and in trying to save him, I lost it. Lost several things that day, but that's another story. Goes to prove the 'easiest trail' is not always the best trail.

Good looking revolvers. I like the S&W's, a lot. Those holsters show honest wear - those are guns that are carried frequently.

Although I carry a 1911 daily, and my most-fired gun is a .22 Ruger semi-auto, I really favor the revolver. Especially a Smith & Wesson.

Thanks for showing those.

Guy

TT

That is a nice collection of wheel guns. I am a S&W fan too. :grin:

JD338

An impressive array of revolvers you have there, TT. Thanks for showing.

Guy, I'd own a .500, if it came in the same frame as a .44(N). But it has a smaller grip on it. I got real big hands, and the N frame fits good.
Had a .460 for a few years, but traded it off. You ever have one of those guns you wished you still had?

Hmm - the 500 grips feel the same as my .44/629, except the 500 also has some extra padding in the back. Sorbothane I think? Cushions some of that recoil.

Of my four S&W's the .500 is the least useful, but it is fun. I ordered the darned thing before I ever saw one - they hadn't hit the stores. Just needed to have the biggest and baddest... Pretty funny. Maybe I should take it hunting someday, instead of just to the range. It has been a fun toy though.

This .44 is my fifth... I liked them all, some more than others. Two Rugers and this is the third S&W. The .44 is my choice for the field most of the time. The .38 gets carried a lot as a backup gun, or a hide-out gun. The .357 mag is an all-arounder. Easy to carry, accurate and powerful enough.

Dang I like a good S&W revolver!

Back