New #1 Project.

Garsh- that is a beautiful rifle! You know I'm not gonna steer you away from a .25 Cal. What about a .25WSM? The short MAG Winchester should have made.... Haven't looked at the 25-06 Ackley. You've already got a BEE I suspect. Otherwise maybe a 300 WSM? CL

HAWKEYESATX":28x6ldmm said:
Have you done anything in an 8mm cartridge?
From what I understand, the 8mm cal works almost as well as the .338 cal.
The 8mm Remington mag is a screamer!
But if you were inclined to keep the case head .473, then the 8mm/06 would be a good choice.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

I have had two 8mm rem mags built and owned 1 more factory BDL. They are ok.

mjcmichigan":1pqq98rv said:
Anyone make a 257/378 Wby yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After you sight in you need a new barrel! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You say no 7mm's but DANG a 280 AI would be sweet!

No to the 6mm's but a 6mm-06 with a 1-8 twist!!

No to the 6.5's but a 6.5-06 or 6.5-06 AI wow!

I love those Ruger #1's and like you I have two that have very pretty wood in them. I don't know if it's quite as nice as yours, but they are quite lovely.

I pondered on the 25 Pronghorn for a while, but I think the 25-06 AI with 40 * shoulder will do.

He just got a 240 weatherby with fast twist...6/06 wouldnt make sense, as they are basically the same exact thing. Not sure what hes got in 6.5mm but I'm sure it's something, and nothing a 6.5/06AI wouldn't do. Maybe a 257 STW? 25-300 wsm or pronghorn wouldnt be bad, but I think the 257 STW is even better, really zing them blackjacks then :)

remingtonman_25_06":2vmj9zua said:
He just got a 240 weatherby with fast twist...6/06 wouldnt make sense, as they are basically the same exact thing. Not sure what hes got in 6.5mm but I'm sure it's something, and nothing a 6.5/06AI wouldn't do. Maybe a 257 STW? 25-300 wsm or pronghorn wouldnt be bad, but I think the 257 STW is even better, really zing them blackjacks then :)

YUP

Got a 6.5 Creed
6.5 PRC
6.5-300 Bee :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Theres a few...Berger makes a 170 EOL that is pretty tits from what I've been seeing over on LRH...You have the 150g LRABs but they are a bitch to get to shoot most of the time, if they even shoot at all, and than you have your expensive custom monos like cutting edge, gs custom, hammerheads etc.

Thebear_78":1ilxmuej said:
https://matrixbullets.com

Has some heavy .277s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good ones in there, I can think of at least another 1/2 dozen bullets to add from other manufacturers off the top of my head. There will be more coming now with the 27 Nosler making an appearance. Plenty of choices already.

8x57 Mauser. A stiff 24-25” barrel would still balance well without being heavy with the #1 action. The strong Ruger action would also allow you to load to the cartridges potential. It would be unique and you’d be swinging a pretty heavy hammer when it comes to on game performance.

Beautiful rifle. (y)

Make it into whatever cartridge pleases you.

Perhaps one of the more traditional rimmed single shot cartridges, or a nostalgic cartridge?

Not everything has to be a fire-breather. :wink:

275 Rigby? Not a rimmed cartridge, but classic. 6.5x55 perhaps? Heck, a 30-40 Krag would be interesting. Maybe a 348 Win?

It's a beautiful rifle Fotis. Choose a cartridge you'll enjoy.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":thl4rtrf said:
Beautiful rifle. (y)

Make it into whatever cartridge pleases you.

Perhaps one of the more traditional rimmed single shot cartridges, or a nostalgic cartridge?

Not everything has to be a fire-breather. :wink:

275 Rigby? Not a rimmed cartridge, but classic. 6.5x55 perhaps? Heck, a 30-40 Krag would be interesting. Maybe a 348 Win?

It's a beautiful rifle Fotis. Choose a cartridge you'll enjoy.

Regards, Guy

Don't be going all nice and common sense like Guy, we're trying to get him on the 27 Nosler. He cuts load work down by 50% once he is tired of it and sends it down the road.. :mrgreen:

SJB358":3l7814mt said:
Don't be going all nice and common sense like Guy, we're trying to get him on the 27 Nosler. He cuts load work down by 50% once he is tired of it and sends it down the road.. :mrgreen:

I like how you think, always thinking ahead :lol:

gerry":2jqxyptk said:
SJB358":2jqxyptk said:

I like how you think, always thinking ahead :lol:

I might have seen it and been there recipient of his work... 8)

Back