New 257 bob for 2008

SakoSteve270wsm

Handloader
Apr 17, 2007
Read that Kimber is chambering the 257bob in the 84m for 2008.And of course we are down to 4 days a week at work and I can't afford one. :(

Great to see someone chambering the 257 Roberts.

JD338

Ruger chambers the 257 Roberts in a couple rifles and a lot less then a Kimber of course their not as nice but do shoot good.

SakoSteve270wsm":3exnjkwm said:
Read that Kimber is chambering the 257bob in the 84m for 2008.And of course we are down to 4 days a week at work and I can't afford one. :(
...............................The Kimber is a beautiful rifle no doubt! And there are alot of 257 Bob fans out there! If you are more interested in having a .25 caliber than just having the 257 Bob and are not partial to wood, a great alternative to your budget would be the Howa M1500 in the 25-06 with an MSRP at $499. By the time the dealer discounts below the MSRP and you buy the bases and rings, you`ll probably pay around $500 or even less depending on where you live.........The Howa out of the box, will be just as accurate as the Kimber, not as beautiful as the Kimber, but is more of a rough it (Hogue stock) rifle than the Kimber and will be just as reliable as the Kimber...........I have a Howa M1500 .375 Ruger coming in later this year! That Vanguard action,, is one smooth action!............There are alternatives!

I like the Kimber 84M's however the 257 R. might be more 'comfortable' in a longer action and magazine box. All the 84M's have is 2.8".

I know the official COL of the 257 is 2.78" or whatever but ........

The Howa is made in japan so thats out for me. The 257R. does nothing for me either.

If I had to have one and the Ruger was longer then thats something to look at.

Otherwise a 25-06 makes more sense. Just load it down a little and its a 257R. Just buy a 270 and then you don't need any of them!

And of course we are down to 4 days a week at work and I can't afford one.

No problem!
Refinance the old homestead (rates are dirt cheap now and you might even see a drop in payment if you stay with 30 yrs) and go for the Kimber.
Four day workweeks are great for load development, and with the new morgage you should have enough $$ left after buying the rifle to stock up at the Nosler Store if you didn`t let the wife talk you into only taking the min out on the house.
Enjoy........................... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ol' Joe

You trying to get me into trouble ? :p
Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind heh.A Super America in 257 bob would sure be sweet. 8)

Back